Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bricktop you download you Whatsapp voice update

yet? Dem even release it for the 13 people who still using BlackBerry

WhatsApp has released its new voice calling feature to the WhatsApp app for all BlackBerry 10 users, indicating that the Facebook-owned messaging app has a platform-friendly approach to attracting and retaining users.
    http://www.techtimes.com/articles/48...y-10-users.htm
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Well....

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    yet? Dem even release it for the 13 people who still using BlackBerry
    Actually, you don’t have to download this voice update for some phones. WhatsApp automatically adds this voice feature to your phone. (I’m not referring, of course, to Blackberry.)

Comment

Have you used it yet Historian? Or anybody else?

I am a frequent WhatsApp user so if this works reasonably well I am sure it will be very convenient for me.

I will probably update WhatsApp on my iphone in the next few days which will add this new feature.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I use Blackberry and have had this feature for months.

I am one who is not ashamed to be a Blackberry user. I was never one who allowed my opinions to be swayed by the crowd and in this case, it is the same.

I will eventually give up the BB however and only for one reason, the lack of support by developers out there when it comes to apps. While BB have made it where you can run apps developed for Android, carriers like AT&T (my current carrier) hold on to releasing the latest OS updates which support the easy installing and running Android, under the guise that they are doing testing. I think this has frustrated the current BB users even more that they are eventually forced to go either iOS or Android.

I think in a few months, I will make the decision as to where I will go in terms of system. I may most likely go with Android.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

....and then there were 12 BB users left

Resistance is futile.As any technology platform matures it becomes less about the unique features and more about the ecosystem that surrounds it.

BB lost that battle maybe 3 years ago and the writing was on the wall.

Comment

IM, you are preaching to the choir.

I have decided that I will make a move, but only when I am ready. My wife is trying to get me to drink the iPhone cool aid and I am resisting. She is an iPhone user and would like me to get to know it so I could show her when she does not know how to do things with it.

Still after all these years, Android and iOS are no match for Blackberry when it comes to security. Both could learn a thing or two from BB. But then, people only focus on gimmicks.

I plan to upgrade my home security system soon and most companies give you the option where you can arm and disarm using your system with your smartphone. Of course, they only have support for Android and iPhone. It would not be a problem if AT&T was not in league with the other big two to squeeze BB. Anyway, it is for things like those why I will switch, not because everyone around me are doing it.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

BB still investing in security.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/04/21/bla.../#.wt0nuw:1ObW

I'm always happy to see the BB headphones and other equipment in use during Formula 1 races as BB continues to be the Official Mobile Computing Partner of the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team.

Love me my BB even tho I don't have one anymore!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Barack Obama still uses BlackBerry and I'm sure it not only because of personal preference, but because of its unmatched security. I also think BlackBerry is the standard issue phone for The Department of Defense and quite a few other US government bodies.

Right now, my BlackBerry 10 can do most things an iPhone 6 and Android can do and if it cannot, I can always do what they call side load an available Android app to make it happen. Hopefully, my AT&T folks will release the latest OS so I can have more flexibility with my phone.

I see at work where many people like to make fun of the BlackBerry user, just as IM is doing here. I'm never bothered by that though as I find such behavior rather infantile if you ask me. I have my phone for its convenience and utility and not as a status symbol.

Comment

Lol you taking it too personal, it's just a likkle fun thing. Me and Bricktop have been going at each other for years. He and the BB crew used to give me hell about "whats crap" when it just came out.

BB was and still is good technology, the just missed the warning signs and thought they were too dominant to be challenged. Even after other smartphones started coming to consumer market they thought they had corporate locked up. They didn't. Happens all the time with good technology companies.

Comment

I love Model Ts and Ataris too! May their souls rest in peace

Comment

Thought about my post to your after I submitted and was on the road. I was thinking that it could be construed as an attack on you. Sorry if it came across that way, that was not my intention.

Comment

No worries. I just figured I would explain the history of where the original post was coming from. Certain topics in this rum bar are year-to-year debates that never go away.

Comment

I worked with this company about a year ago and you would be surprised to see how grown men sit in a lunch room and compare their phones and make jokes at people with BB. I was never bothered by them however, just annoyed. I would not select my phone just to be able to conform to their likings.

I think that was what I was hitting out at in my earlier post...

BTW, not sure if you saw today where it is said that Russian hackers hacked into some of Obama's email. They hacked some low level stuff, but could not budge his more important mail that is served by his Blackberry.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                            I love Model Ts and Ataris too! May their souls rest in peace
                            Are they official suppliers for Formula 1 too? I didn't know that!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I think I would have stuck with BB if it were not for the cool deal I was getting from family working at Sprint. Couldn't pass up the savings.

I have friends who are still using BB, including the Bold. One brother has the new Passport, which I find beautiful to hold and use.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X