Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugh Masakela is my new hero!

No Seabiscuit round here!

“It’s not that I dislike weaves, it’s just that I come from an era where people who introduced themselves looked like themselves,” Masekela said.

Even during his press conference at Rhodes University, Masekela re-emphasized his stance.

“We spend about a billion rand on other people’s hair each year. I don’t even know where to begin on this issue,” said Masekela.
    http://www.theroot.com/blogs/the_gra...e_wearers.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    So he wants to dictate to women what they should wear? sounds like an arrogant *******.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

you know that is masekala I've been listening today? my play list started with his rendition of herbie hancock's cantaloupe island.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Wow that is hard core.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

doesn't he have a right to his opinion as does the weave wearers to theirs? they can stop buying his music and concert tickets as well.

if he feels strongly about it and wants to speak up, he should. I don't like weaves and I say so ..... am I dictating to anyone?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

He not dictating to them, he just says he is not taking pictures with them!
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I have seen him 2 times in concert. Have his CD Uptownship (I think it's called).

I need to add him on my ipod.

As to the hair styles...this morning while getting ready for work, I was thinking about the new straight look that Black footballers are sporting. I have gotten used to the Drogba's look.

But it came to a head when I saw Balotelli half kink half straight look last Sunday. There are others who make you shake your head as to what they are thinking. It just look pretentious..............

Everyone to their own order i guess. I support free expression.

LAST:

Every Sunday I go to Stone mountain for my run/walk. Few Sundays ago, I saw a banner that said: ATLANTA CHAPTER OF BEAUTY HAIR CARE PRODUCTS . The attendees were having a picnic. ALL the attendees were Koreans.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

that's no newsflash .....

Comment

........yes it iz........
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                    He not dictating to them, he just says he is not taking pictures with them!
                    Apologizes .. dictating may have been the wrong word .. although isn't he basically saying if you want to take a pic with me lose the weave?

The weave wearing women, spend money to buy his music, spend money to go to his shows, waste their time waiting around to take a pic with him. He needs to show more appreciation for his fans.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

in NY they are the ones that mostly own those stores, I have noted that over the years. haven't you?

I think la Sharpton (funny if it really was him) mentioned that ... maybe it was chris rock...

Comment

HL, that event was for the PRODUCERS of hair care products.

The CONSUMERS of those products were busy getting their hair "did"

Comment

Love him live also. His live Grazing in The Grass still blows me away.

Comment

Well, he may have decided that the weave wearing section of his fan base is not significant enough for him to change his stance.

Comment

an di yeye lash business, dats does **** mi off. Fiyah fi dat!!

Comment

Working...
                              X