RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obamas' Subtle and not so subtle mssg to Jamaica.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obamas' Subtle and not so subtle mssg to Jamaica.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/c...ubtle-messages
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

"He fired up the "massive" without shouting at them, without punctuating his words with loud music, and without jumping up and down on the stage and wining up himself."

This quote resonates with me because I have always wondered why West Indian politicians (at least in Trini an Ja) can't make a political (campaign) speech without shouting at the "massive" 'til their voices are hoarse. Why the music has to be blaring and ... so much NOISE!!!
    Peter R

Comment

Why they cant have town hall meetings with the people, have one uptown , downtown , country , to cover the niches of society.They bellow from a stage what they promise to do for you , not what they can do or bellow mocking the opposition, they cant deal with question and answers in a controled setting, its man a-war vs gal whey nuh fraid a man.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Caribbean politicans have no time to waste on the 'articulate minority'. Is Pickergill say so , not me.

Nyammings and Jammings a dweet!
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Islandman,Mankey's "work the land(production)and self reliance are still relevant today,yet even the most acclaimed historian among us speaks disparagingly about the former PM.
          Obama would not have been as well received in any of the Latin American countries as he was in Jamaica,it all points to conciousness of the "massive" and really what nah "gwaan".
          We Jakans are showing lapse in judgement,and the so-called educated class is gullible.
          The people of Cuba and Venezuela run circles around us by being keen in the future of their countries.

Comment

I recall Poster Mosiah defending the prime minister past rants.......

I think he will be able to best explain why Jamaican politicians have to address the locals in this fashion.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

habit.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

A so man cork the dance, a so man ram up the church so....

You nuh hear man say them nah go a Katalic church and Anglican etc, cause them too dead.

Politican have fi can DJ fi them food.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

..and expect people to take them serious! But then again they have nothing substantive to tell the people

I have no tolerance for that foolishness.

I remember when Nadine Molloy (from Portland) was JTA President, and in addressing teachers (with all the issues and nuances facing them), she stooped in the gutter with her foolish utterances "Andrew caan cross it"
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    Politican have fi can DJ fi them food.
                    Wid dem empty barrell promises and guttaral noises
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Why is Dudus sure that if it was the PNP then the PNP would have found a way to deal with it?

Was there a similar situation before and the US backed down or was Dudus
                      sending Bruce another message that Dudus is sure that Bruce will understand quickly?
                      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X