• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Goat is off the table, US$5-billion Logistics Hub

Gov't to sign US$5-billion Logistics Hub MOU Monday
    Wednesday, April 15, 2015 | 5:51 PM 8 Comments

Print this page Email A Friend!

Minister of Industry, Investment and Commerce Anthony Hylton (file photo)

KINGSTON, Jamaica — On Monday, the Government will sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Krauck Systems and Anchor Financial Group LLC, for the development of projects in Jamaica related to the Global Logistics Hub

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...Hub-MOU-Monday
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Look so, for now.

I am in the process of watching a Ken Burns series on the US National Parks and how they came to be protected. I thought of Goat Islands while watching it because you can see that without anyone calling for the protection of certain areas everything would be bulldozed in the name of progress.

Very good series BTW. I enjoy all the Ken Burns documentaries that I have watched.

http://www.pbs.org/nationalparks/
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

It seems as if the pressure made them blink,i like burns too esp the ones he did on the civil war.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I have to see any movement before I believe anything Hylton says. Only scrap metal he has delivered on so far.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
          Gov't to sign US$5-billion Logistics Hub MOU Monday
          Wednesday, April 15, 2015 | 5:51 PM 8 Comments

Print this page Email A Friend!

Minister of Industry, Investment and Commerce Anthony Hylton (file photo)

KINGSTON, Jamaica — On Monday, the Government will sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Krauck Systems and Anchor Financial Group LLC, for the development of projects in Jamaica related to the Global Logistics Hub

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...Hub-MOU-Monday
          This doesn't appear to address Goat Islands development. which is a Chinese (CHEC) proposal separate from the hub plan (but related to it). So the fact that the proposed Goat Islands project was not mentioned doesn't necessarily mean it's off the table. We have to hear from CHEC and their feasibility studies re that

Also in checking out the the (unimpressive) Krauck website it seems that group is mostly into project design & management. Those are vital functions but I doubt that they'll be ponying up a US$5B in investment.

Most likely their role would be to flesh out the global hub project so it's be more investable by companies in the logistics space...then try to attract such investors
          Last edited by Don1; April 16, 2015, 11:14 AM.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

We will see.

Comment

Any reason why this minister wouldn't make grand announcement on CHEC seen all the grand announcement he has already made and MOUs signed??

It may not be off the table but it is nowhere in this year budget either.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sorry..I don't have info on the status of that project...but last I CHECked it was Mr Run Wid It who was driving that

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Seems like we only get the hype on these projects. Never any updates, just concepts.

Comment

Welcome to Jamrock.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                      This doesn't appear to address Goat Islands development. which is a Chinese (CHEC) proposal separate from the hub plan (but related to it). So the fact that the proposed Goat Islands project was not mentioned doesn't necessarily mean it's off the table. We have to hear from CHEC and their feasibility studies re that

Also in checking out the the (unimpressive) Krauck website it seems that group is mostly into project design & management. Those are vital functions but I doubt that they'll be ponying up a US$5B in investment.

Most likely their role would be to flesh out the global hub project so it's be more investable by companies in the logistics space...then try to attract such investors
                      Re the other company in this Termite MOU...Anchor Finance which is supposedly a NY-based money outfit...I couldn't even find a recognizable website

Sumtin Wong

Comment

Neither can anybody else.

Lord have mercy pon we.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Sum ting Wong?

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                            Sum ting Wong?
                            Wie Gie Ting Fook

Comment

Mos soy tain Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X