Deika Morrison takes on Lisa Hanna over Chronixx response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deika Morrison takes on Lisa Hanna over Chronixx response

A former People’s National Party (PNP) senator has taken off the gloves and is firing some wicked punches aimed at youth and culture minister Lisa Hanna.

“Pickney a dead and ah get rape off everyday and dis is what dem have time fi talk bout? I am clearly daft,” Deika Morrison, who served in the Senate during the PJ Patterson administration, said.

http://jamaicatakeout.com/news/deika...nixx-comments/

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Can someone help me find the introductory paragraph where Deika lists her educational accomplishments?

Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ouch. Unfortunately for me I have no Cat in this fight.

Comment

Why is this news,any of it,?
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Well it addresses arrogated rights and what has become annoyingly familiar with politicians;employing diversionary tactics when confronted.
          Let us go ahead and start connecting the dots,the rasta criticism wasn't only about Obama but also the PNP,it is ergo in her interest to pass off the Rasta as being overly combative.Then there is that advice given which tantamounts to getting the Rasta dilute his approach.Finally,why everyone trying to tell the Rasta how to think?Lisa's advice if worth taking should be one that resonates collectively with Rastas,that is NOT the case.
          Last edited by Rockman; April 14, 2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Mi busy but DM mi lose off ah yuh big time. First of all Bob was militant yes but did Bob go out there and say Queen Elizabeth yuh is ah ...? Did he say
            President Ford , Carter unnuh is ah bunch of.....? Bob always said Babylon.

Now we all know that DM "have more degrees more dan whey John read bout" but surely DM must know that we are living in a different time.

We are in a time of terrorism (from all fronts including cyberspace). The POTUS is threatened by racial hate groups, varied terrorist groups from around the world. Insulting the President in the local dialect (for no solid reason) is akin to throwing a shoe at him in Iraq.

I'm not taking sides here but I wish DM had given this some deep thought before posting. DM is giving Lisa too much ammo. then again Lisa might not engage and just make it worse.

Cho.

Comment

So whats wrong with throwing a shoe at the president , in fact he welcomes it, he said so when he scolded Madura at the recently concluded summit.He said its what makes his nation great.

DM ave more sense than yuh.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

That may be true.

BTW do you have any article,audio clip or video clip with Obama saying what you wrote? Thanks.

Comment

Sorry that was Correa , but it well have could been Madura

Obama says he doesn't like media coverage that criticizes him either. But he says democracy means everyone has the opportunity to offer opinions.

http://www.wboc.com/story/28777483/l...-praises-obama

Yuh fall into a trap , that isnt Garveyisque .Its not that we cant crticize each other, but we should fight to be the main ones doing the criticizism and the 1st to defend.

Comment

Even though you admit to making a mistake, you are now sure that it could have been Madura?

I'm not following. Was Chronixx critical of the POTUS or did he hurl a viscious insult in his local dialect (in cyberspace)? Do you understand what it means to throw a shoe at someone in Iraq?

Comment

I corrected myself by saying it could well have been Madura,but the substance of my point stands,he welcomes criticism in democracy, you likened Chronixx verbal comment to throwing a shoe ,I said the president welcomes this , its what makes his nation great, i gave you proof and source , granted not verbatim.

You act as if criticising him is off limits for Jamaicans, he is criticised at home and abroad.Why not Jamaica or Jamaicans?

I dont expect you to follow,the colonial mindset is ingrained even tough one claims to be a Garveyite.You can pick it up at the 11 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=johdaHSRBZE

BTW its not the 1st he has said so.

Comment

Okay I likened Chronixx act to the act of the individual throwing a shoe at G.Bush in Iraq. You keep saying "throwing a shoe" No throwing a shoe in Iraq; I'm going along cultural lines here. The waste man statement in Ja's culture is a huge insult.

Now on the topic of media critique. Did Chronixx write an article criticising Obama's action in Ja? Did he he do a show on the radio or TV critiquing the POTUS? Did Chronixx as an individual go in cyberspace; then hurl an insult via his dialect at the POTUS (based on Bam's visit to the island)? Culture is everything boss. Can a white artist,actor or celebrity call Obama a N....?

Why do you think the Minister of Youth and CULTURE took it on?

Better "yuh cool cause" pulpit from which you preach is very, very shaky.

Comment

The wasteman statement culturally is an insult o.k ,here is another shoe that was thrown,why does one have to criticise in the written form , t.v,show etc he did it in cyberspace ,hello its the 21 st century.

Cornel West decries President Obama as 'counterfeit'
                          The leftwing Princeton professor attacked Obama's policies on Wall Street, national security and the response to protests in Ferguson in an interview, saying the President is a political poser.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1916726

You are coming off a bit anal,is their a formal setting to criticise the president ?....lol...mi belly

I have more where that came from...West ...lol

Comment

I forgot my punchline was west saying those terrible things in a culturally insulting way ?......mi serious.....lol

Comment

You are grasping at straws now. Ponder the things I've said in earlier thread.

One last time (Boss mi busy). If a white celebrity in the USA call Obama "black boy", is that a critique of Obama?

Comment

Working...
                              X