The GOJ cant win here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GOJ cant win here...

People seem to not realize that homeless people represent a security threat as an assassin could use this as "cover".

Mi nuh fraid to cuss Portia when merited, but I dont see what the fuss about the visit is.

SEVERAL homeless people were yesterday rounded up and transported out of New Kingston by a Metropolitan police team as part of last-minute preparations to host United States President Barack Obama, who arrived in the island last night.
    One homeless man, who identified himself as Anthony Brown, said the operation, which began in earnest on Monday, has left them scared.
    "Over the past 24 hours is about seven of us dem tek off the road. Them bring some members from the group to Bellevue Hospital, others they bring to the shelter," said Brown.
    Another homeless man, who gave his name only as Sam, shared similar sentiments.
    "Mi vex how dem ah deal wid wi. Some of us, dem move off the road carry a Bellevue go give injection. Others get new clothes and haircut," the man alleged.
    "Mi vex! Instead ah spend so much money to fix up roads dem could ah spend it to take care ah we much better," Brown continued.
    Yesterday efforts to get a feedback from the Poor Relief Department were unsuccessful.
    -- Kimmo Matthews

Exactly! I don't have a problem with it. As long as it is carried out as respectfully as possible, so be it.

Lord knows, if anything was to happen to Obama while in Jamaica...and given the lax behaviour by the Secret Service recently...

I'm sure, the way this man is hated by many in the US, the Secret Service must have intercepted maybe hundreds of assassination attempts that we are just not hearing about right now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Can't see a problem with this myself. They didn't round them up by truck and throw them in another town as happened in MoBay one time.

This was humane treatment which is what I want to see from a govt that doesn't have much more than that to offer its citizens.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Added to that some of them got a bathe, hair cut and new clothes, and certainly they were fed!

At least they were not transported in trucks to the sulphuric waters of Manchester/St. Elizabeth.

New Kingston have so much homeless, I wish they would permanently be kept away.
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
          New Kingston have so much homeless, I wish they would permanently be kept away.
          Don't we all, MdmeX.

That was cold!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

True but I'm glad to see that those that needed Bellevue were placed there. Baths haircuts and clothong were given too. Hope this continues even after the Big man leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Don't we all, MdmeX.

That was cold!
              OK - but if me warm it up, then I would be hypocritical, because I would not be expressing how me really feel!!

Nuff of them nuh only homeless, them mad! Madman ever tumb yuh down yet? Well me see them box down man already!!
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Not all who need a Bellevue vacation live pon street...

Comment

Working...
                X