The case for building a Jamaican solar industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The case for building a Jamaican solar industry

I believe that renewables are one or two breakthroughs away from being the clear choice for residential energy solutions.

Solar-photovoltaic (solar-PV) is now the least expensive way of providing electricity for your home or business. It's cheaper than the fossil-fuel based energy supplied by Jamaica Public Service (JPS), cheaper than coal or natural gas, even cheaper than hydro or nuclear or small wind turbines.
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/envir...-cent_18683996
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Fascinating read. I had no idea photovoltaics had plummeted THAT much in pricing

I know China had MASSIVELY overproduced....but those numbers for panels look damned attractive

Whether it's energy new build or retrofit.... solar solutions run di cut... it appears
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

But mi deh yah ah tell unno long time. Ask 1of1...mi and him did a preach it from back den.

Indeed I sent 1of1 a report i had from bout 2011, when big tings did a gwaan from back then for personal solar tech. I just found it...you want a copy?

Comment

I can imagine the solar panel theft that will replace power line pilfering.

Yes, my mind did go there, as I know my people. LoL
        Now we a sell condemned meat as riverton mutton, and Mongoose steak?

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
          But mi deh yah ah tell unno long time. Ask 1of1...mi and him did a preach it from back den.

Indeed I sent 1of1 a report i had from bout 2011, when big tings did a gwaan from back then for personal solar tech. I just found it...you want a copy?
          shub it gi mi nuh
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Part 2 - The Jamaican experience

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...can-experience
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

LOL true

Comment

Working...
              X