• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see the people of Ferguson making changes via

the ballot.

Ferguson election makes history, adds more blacks to city council

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/08/us/fer...ion/index.html
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

The the question is was the 'ill-advised' riots the enabler?

Comment

The question is will they make any changes or be just as corrupted or worse ?
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

In a looong ago post,I mention the disparity..,that had to change ,and steps are being taken...
        The Ferguson matter is perhaps the most significant of the period,the demonstrations it sparked and the fact such demonstrations transcended state lines.It provided a blueprint for subsequent police abuse etc.
        I would say the people of Ferguson can be trusted to stay the course,it is an infirmed society.
        I will know answer my question above,YES,the riots were instrumental..

Comment

Of course so was everything else , if you read Kings birmingham letter where he spelt out direct action in a non violent way and the consequences of the state not listening to that form of actions, it all was instruemental in fergueson,played from his book(his letter)

The blue print for this was Kings direct action, he evens spell out the ramifications and instruemental use of violence, house negroes, liberal whites , etc, it is all up to us (africans) to be instruemental in one way or another,riots,boycotts,marches, etc /etc .

http://www.uscrossier.org/pullias/wp...12/06/king.pdf

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You see why I have a problem with the JFJ when they were jumping up and down about police killings ,King called them out 40 years ago as hypocrytes.

You deplore the demonstrations that are presently taking place in Birmingham. But I am sorry that your statement did not express
            a similar concern for the conditions that brought the demonstrations into being.
            I am sure that each of you would want to go
            beyond the superficial social analyst who looks merely at effects and does not grapple with underlying causes.
            I would not
            hesitate to say that it is unfortunate that so-called demonstrations are taking place in Birmingham at this time, but I would say in
            more emphatic terms that it is even more unfortunate that the white power structure of this city left the Negro community with no
            other alternative.

This letter needs to be looked at and studied by every human rights organization, there are certain standards that apply in every movement that is found in this letter.

Comment

Working...
            X