The opposition is upset that they will not meet with Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The opposition is upset that they will not meet with Obama

And I'm like - why should they? They are...well...the opposition!

I've always thought we give our opposition party too much importance. The sooner we get behind the elected party and forget the opposition the better we might be.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I can't blame them,it is the only opportunity they have of ever meeting the most significant US President.
    What the JLP should do,is submit a list of questions they would like to ask Obama,believe me,he is there to take care of business.
    Oddly enough,I am minful of The China visit...

Comment

It's all so damn full of pettiness and oneupmanship!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        I can't blame them,it is the only opportunity they have of ever meeting the most significant US President.
        Well, I would like to meet Barack too but you don't hear me bitching about it.

Like I've said in the past, I hate the relevance we give to our opposition. That's why if you ask someone on the street who is their leader, they will name their party leader. It continues the tribalism that we so need to rid ourselves of.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Usual pettiness from the Gov't.
          Obama met with the leader of the UK labour party at the White House in July 2014.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

It is the norm that visiting leaders meet the ruling party and opposition.

Why would we go away from that??? In a democratic country, certain basic principle should be upheld.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The opposition is an official part of the government.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                Is there a difference between the two events?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

no sir

Comment

Working...
                  X