The last time a sitting US President visited Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last time a sitting US President visited Jamaica

we experienced real GDP growth in the following years...

Keep hope alive..

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
    we experienced real GDP growth in the following years...

Keep hope alive..

Yep..that meeting of Vampiyas produced lots of goodies for the DayWalker. Billions in grants & loans...and a CBI concessionary trade agreement designed with JA in mind.

This, of course, was all payback for the DayWalker's support of US destabilization & regime change ops re Manley. Reasonable folks could see that as sedition

Unfortunately such geopolitical games are off the table AND the US govt is technically broke AND its corporations more interested in Wall St. financial gamesmanship than investments in the real economy

Consequently the Dark Eagle will land with a relatively threadbare wallet. Relative that is, to the largess bestowed on the DayWalker

Not many goodies in sight... But the Dark Eagle will DEFINITELY tweet some soaring words which will get many excitable
    Last edited by Don1; April 6, 2015, 10:34 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

If loans drove growth in Jamaica we would be First World by now..

Is not every man dat borrow money know wheh fi duh wid it..

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
        Yep..that meeting of Vampiyas produced lots of goodies for the DayWalker. Billions in grants & loans...and a CBI concessionary trade agreement designed with JA in mind.

This, of course, was all payback for the DayWalker's support of US destabilization & regime change ops re Manley. Reasonable folks could see that as sedition

Unfortunately such geopolitical games are off the table AND the US govt is technically broke AND its corporations more interested in Wall St. financial gamesmanship than investments in the real economy

Consequently the Dark Eagle will land with a relatively threadbare wallet. Relative that is, to the largess bestowed on the DayWalker

Not many goodies in sight... But the Dark Eagle will DEFINITELY tweet some soaring words which will get many excitable
        What is wrong with you man? You're all over the place...Everything is not a conspiracy...If Eddie was able to secure those deals then good for him (and for us!).

First you intimate about some nefarious motive for the success of the economy in the 80s as it relates to the relationship we had with America at the time and then you lament that there doesn't seem to be any gifts coming this time around. Well if there are none it doesn't mean that there are none, it just means that we have not strategically positioned our self to receive any. But that is ok...because we are slowly and disjointedly and as inefficiently as is humanly possible, positioning ourselves to benefit from China's largess. And they seem to prefer the bumbling bungling to be honest with you because like our leaders theirs are not really accountable to anyone.

If for example the president came here bearing all manner of carrots and gifts designed to counter the growing influence of China in the region do you think Peter is going to question his agenda in deference to "the struggle" and to not be a sellout or do you think he will take the gifts gleefully? I know what I think.

Geez...the next thing you are going to say is that Singapore is just some propped up imperial outpost...

Comment

=Comment;515595]What is wrong with you man? You're all over the place...Everything is not a conspiracy...If Eddie was able to secure those deals then good for him (and for us!).
          Don1 is never "all over the place". My arguments are structured, logical...and evidence based from objective 3rd parties.
          There is no conspiracy theory ...the JLP relationship with the CIA in the 1970s has been documented by scholarship. I should post the sources here...again

Definitely was good for him to get those benefits...but the price was paid in the blood of thousands of dead and hundreds of thousands of damaged lives. That's the prism I view the handouts through

Won't even delve into the World Bank's estimated -5% per year GDP haircut from the criminality unleashed on the nation. Over 40 years that's ~US$60-70 Billion+ in lost income

As was demonstrated worldwide with the Dudus theatrics...Jamaica is still paying the price of dealing with the Devil

That fellow shares much blame for that cost.

First you intimate about some nefarious motive for the success of the economy in the 80s as it relates to the relationship we had with America at the time and then you lament that there doesn't seem to be any gifts coming this time around.
          LOL! There is no lament yute. I'm merely educating Ben & the Rum Bar not to expect much. That's the role of an analyst

Well if there are none it doesn't mean that there are none, it just means that we have not strategically positioned our self to receive any. But that is ok...because we are slowly and disjointedly and as inefficiently as is humanly possible, positioning ourselves to benefit from China's largess. And they seem to prefer the bumbling bungling to be honest with you because like our leaders theirs are not really accountable to anyone.
          Perhaps

If for example the president came here bearing all manner of carrots and gifts designed to counter the growing influence of China in the region do you think Peter is going to question his agenda in deference to "the struggle" and to not be a sellout or do you think he will take the gifts gleefully? I know what I think.
          Mi nuh tink Petah ah eediat... Im guh good skool. Accept handouts yes

But if Petah conspire wid Chiney intelligence in a regime change operation....mi bun dat out said speed

Geez...the next thing you are going to say is that Singapore is just some propped up imperial outpost..
          Yuh gats me mixed up wid smaddy else
          Last edited by Don1; April 7, 2015, 11:07 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Don1 is never "all over the place". My arguments are structured, logical...and evidence based from objective 3rd parties.
            There is no conspiracy theory ...the JLP relationship with the CIA in the 1970s has been documented by scholarship. I should post the sources here...again

Definitely was good for him to get those benefits...but the price was paid in the blood of thousands of dead and hundreds of thousands of damaged lives. That's the prism I view the handouts through

Won't even delve into the World Bank's estimated -5% per year GDP haircut from the criminality unleashed on the nation. Over 40 years that's ~US$60-70 Billion+ in lost income

As was demonstrated worldwide with the Dudus theatrics...Jamaica is still paying the price of dealing with the Devil

That fellow shares much blame for that cost.

LOL! There is no lament yute. I'm merely educating Ben & the Rum Bar not to expect much. That's the role of an analyst

Perhaps

Mi nuh tink Petah ah eediat... Im guh good skool. Accept handouts yes

But if Petah conspire wid Chiney intelligence in a regime change operation....mi bun dat out said speed

Yuh gats me mixed up wid smaddy else
            Bredrin the JLP was as mixed up with the CIA as PNP was with comunist Cuba and Russia. So what? The question is which proved strategically better?

Comment

The problem here is that there was a lawfully elected government in place. An elected government has a "right" to have relations with whatever government it chooses

An opposition party has zero "right" to conspire with a foreign power in an illegal regime change operation. That's described in law as sedition. And in practice that results in chaos & destruction.

Now you can like or prefer whichever side pleases you...but dem deres di fax

Comment

The problem here is that there was a lawfully elected government in place. An elected government has a "right" to have relations with whatever government it chooses

An opposition party has zero "right" to conspire with a foreign power in an illegal regime change operation. That's described in law as sedition. And in practice that results in chaos & destruction.

Excuse me, sir, but I think you dropped the mic.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That not so subtle distinction always seems to elude the apologists.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    Excuse me, sir, but I think you dropped the mic.

miseeit

Comment

An illegal regime change operation ???

Suh wait.. is not vote dem vote in di JLP ?

Is who chase wheh di monied class an fvck up di Economy ? CIA or Manley ?

lol ! woiee !

Unnuh is a real set a claffy.. Quixotic as a great man would say..

Comment

Ben address your protests to independent 3rd party sources..

..Who have done the research and reached the same conclusions. While the bleating of JLP tribalists is colorful & exciting....it doesn't really qualify as objective analysis ..sorry

We all know of Manley's irrational exuberance & egoism in rhetoric...that can be discussed at some point. Now we're dealing with the JLP-CIA nexus and its horrific results

This article reference SOME of the results of the independent journalism & authors' research into this JLP-CIA combo. If you need more I'll consider posting it

How The CIA Created The Jamaican Shower Posse
                        Comments: 0 | Leave A Comment
                        Jun 3, 2010 By Casey Gane-McCalla

With the recent violence in Jamaica and the controversy over alleged drug lord, Christopher “Dudus” Coke, many people are talking about the infamous Jamaican Shower Posse and the neighborhood of Tivoli Gardens, where they have their base. What is being is being ignored largely by the media, is the role that the American government and the CIA had in training, arming and giving power to the Shower Posse.

It is interesting that the USA is indicting Christopher “Dudus” Coke, the current leader of the Shower Posse for drug and gun trafficking, given that the CIA was accused of smuggling guns into Jamaica and facilitating the cocaine trade from Jamaica to America in the 70s and 80s. In many ways Dudus was only carrying on a tradition of political corruption, drug running, guns and violence that was started with the help of the CIA.

Christopher “Dudus” Coke’s father was was Lester Coke, also known as Jim Brown, one of the founders of the Shower Posse and a fellow champion and protector of the impoverished Tivoli Gardens neighborhood in Kingston. Coke was a political enforcer and bodyguard to Edward Seaga, the leader of the Jamaican Labour Party.
                        Last edited by Don1; April 8, 2015, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I note the inverted commas for your inverted arguement...

Comment

Is there something you wish to dispute but can't find the words??

Get help....Mebbe Ben soon come wid im green-tint glasses

Comment

Working...
                            X