X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portia's National Party?

Monday, June 11, 2007

Dear Editor,
    I am looking with laughable amazement at the debacle that is taking place in the South-East St Ann constituency. The PNP hierarchy in their minds selected what they see as their preferred candidate for the constituency, but what about what the people wants. How on earth can a supposedly democratic institution such as the People's National Party just impose a candidate on the people without their input. But then again the acronym PNP might no longer stand for People's National Party but "Portia's National Party", because she recently stated that nobody but her calls the shots. This, if you will, is a very troubling statement.
    The PNP is famous for preaching the Guided Democracy philosophy, but it must be made clear that "Guided Democracy is no Democracy". The people should be allowed to choose freely whom they want to represent them, and clearly if this does not happen the people's right to choose is severely been undermined.
    Additionally, the people of SE St Ann must also realise that they have another option in the Jamaica Labour Party's candidate Mr Fakhourie. You have all been asking for someone from your constituency to represent you. To the best of my knowledge the JLP candidate is from that area. Give him the nod, he's one of your own.
    AAR Scott
    arscott638@yahoo.com
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

"You have all been asking for someone from your constituency to represent you. To the best of my knowledge the JLP candidate is from that area. Give him the nod, he's one of your own."

AAR Scott nuh know what him talking bout. Most a dem would rather chop off them hand than vote JLP!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X