Point of Distinction:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point of Distinction:

Stamp featuring Robert Robinson Taylor. (Photo: virtualstampclub.com)

TUSKEGEE—The most prolific contributor to Tuskegee University's structural design and the namesake of its architecture and construction school will soon be remembered with the launch of a new U.S. postage stamp.

On Thursday, February 12, the United States Postal Service will issue a limited edition of the Forever Stamp of Robert Robinson Taylor. The stamp is the 38th addition to the service's Black Heritage series.

Taylor is believed to have been both the first black graduate of MIT and the country's first academically trained black architect.

Recruited by Tuskegee's first president, Booker T. Washington, Taylor came to the university in 1892 and spent nearly his entire career teaching, developing the architecture and construction trade program, and designing more than 20 campus buildings until his death in 1942. He was also the architect of The Oaks, Washington's home and modern day historic site. Many of his historic campus buildings still stand and are used today.

Please take a look-around:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...us&FORM=RESTAB

PERSONAL NOTE:

Other points of distinction to follow.
    Last edited by HL; February 6, 2015, 06:44 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Look,I do not subscribe to tearing down one to build the other but if you are truly a fan of Booker T then you should prefer giving recognition to the manual labourers that built the university from ground up and not the architect..
    Akin to overlooking the slave labour that is backbone to the wealth of 'didtinguished' families.

Comment

I credit Booker T. as partly responsible for the successes I have experienced in this life Rocky......

I am a very proud graduate of Tuskegee University; so too is by older brother.

This recent debate is old to me.

HL

Comment

HL,so you are saying you would not be as successful had you attended a different university?
        My guess is the only difference had... would be crediting another university instead.
        It is like crediting the US with everything when your core principles came from your family,all lived in Jamaica during their formative years.
        I suspect you migrated at a tenderage,did you?

Comment

No Rockman, he was born there!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Greetings me teacher!

Comment

ROCK, please read again. I said 'partly'.
              ~sigh~

HL

Comment

Lol.....Lick Im Rock.Booker T taught Im well,not even Im foundation a yard I'm recognize,suh CBar Neva teach Yuh nuttin, come to think bout it,Yuh Eva mention Bar?...wedda Yuh rate Bar or not, Yuh leff wid sinting fi prepare Yuh fi worship Booker T \Tuskegee..or nutting WC nuh come out ta bar?
                Last edited by Sir X; February 7, 2015, 03:05 AM.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Everything was in reference to the US..
                  A missing part renders something not whole,ergo..

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                    Lol.....Lick Im Rock.Booker T taught Im well,not even Im foundation a yard I'm recognize,suh CBar Neva teach Yuh nuttin, come to think bout it,Yuh Eva mention Bar?...wedda Yuh rate Bar or not, Yuh leff wid sinting fi prepare Yuh fi worship Booker T \Tuskegee..or nutting WC nuh come out ta bar?
                    HL did guh Calabar??? Not a peep outa im pon dat eeh....is bayh Tuskigeedee mi ear im ah yap bout.

Mi did assume im born ah foreign di way im dis yaad itinually

Once im land ah foreign im switch??

Dis weird puppa....sitten nuh righted
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                    X