Where did your school rank? Must

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did your school rank? Must

say big up to the ladies of St. Hildas and Westwood.

http://jablogz.com/2014/06/jamaicas-...rankings-2014/
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Not that question, Lazie. ...but this: Do the results show failure? ...hey! ...41 out of 161 schools failed to hit the mark
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"School of choice" - Woooiee! Mi belly!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The result show shocking failure. The bottom 100 schools are in bad shape, the bottom 50 schools are mostly passing time.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yuh wikked!!!

The real story is the laggard nature of the boys schools!

Is a good thing Jawges and Manroe gone co-ed! :-)

I dont see why 100% of the schools could not be over 80%. Cornah dark.

Comment

The real story for me is the sorry state of most of our schools, coed or not.

But we run fast!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              The result show shocking failure. The bottom 100 schools are in bad shape, the bottom 50 schools are mostly passing time.
              What yuh talking about? Charlie Smith reach Manning Cup final. Does that look like "passing time"?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Failure big time!! and, 120 of 161 failed to hit the mark!!! (of 50% I assume you mean)... and as Willi says, the target should be 80%, not 50%! Why is passing five subjects not an attainable goal for so many?? The Ministry needs to do more in terms of investigating this and putting strategies in place to up the level.
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  Failure big time!! and, 120 of 161 failed to hit the mark!!! (of 50% I assume you mean)... and as Willi says, the target should be 80%, not 50%! Why is passing five subjects not an attainable goal for so many?? The Ministry needs to do more in terms of investigating this and putting strategies in place to up the level.
                  An examination of the TEACHERS AND PRINCIPALS would be fair starting point.

I [generously] place my break-point at 60%.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Too many failing for that to be the problem.
                    I think it is a question of misplaced priorities,our politicians would be more uselful being teachers, clearly they are good at indoctrination ,TG,Charlie Smith AND St Catherine High will benefit immensely.

Comment

HL, That's a low target, given that they're only counting "passes"; To achieve a minimum passing grade in CXC (O'level), is already setting the bar very low... what if that statistic were to measure the percentage of students passing five with a grade 3 or higher??
                      Peter R

Comment

The Elephant in the room,Mr President.
                        Merging two failing school results in one failing school,besides what about the benefits from having a classroom with fewer students?

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                          An examination of the TEACHERS AND PRINCIPALS would be fair starting point.
                          On point!

Aside: Will we have Bricktop, Gamma and all those who claim that failure (as in area of football) in each of the 5 subject area is of self extra-curricula discipline and not each requiring improved delivery of service?
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                            HL, That's a low target, given that they're only counting "passes"; To achieve a minimum passing grade in CXC (O'level), is already setting the bar very low... what if that statistic were to measure the percentage of students passing five with a grade 3 or higher??
                            On point!
                            80% is the bar stuck in my brain!
                            TALENT ABOUNDS...save, it appears, in area of leaders - principals and teachers

Comment

Deja Vu. Didn't we debate this same ranking to death last year? These are figures based on 2013 results.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X