Proof that we are going nowhere fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof that we are going nowhere fast

These are examples of headline business news in Jamaica?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...s-product-line

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...vings_18323880

SMDH

Cornah dark indeed.

So, what's the problem, Willi?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

seems symbolic more than real, 10 dollar, yuh know seh vendors no longer tek dollar coin, five dollar coin soon to follow

Comment

We order the meal ONLY because of the side dish.
        Where is the currency exchange at?
        It is all artificial.

Comment

We have no "business" in Ja if this is the feature news. Bush league...

Comment

Unno miss mi pint! LoL

These are internal company newsletters masquarading as real business news that rise to the level of national importance.

Comment

yep, can't find any real business news. Hopefully that will change.

Everything gone quiet, you think they will recreate some old dust of plan since election coming and try and fool the people (and that is from both sides).

We need a stable dollar NOW!!!
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Understood! It's been that way for while!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sadly, that is true.

Cornah dark.

Comment

Willi, I am surprised by your choice of Rainforest to include in this thread on nothing happening. In reading that article I learned a number of things about Rainforest and realized that they are doing what every Jamaican company should be doing and that this article you posted is relatively significant on more than a few counts.

1.launch of an entirely new product line of ready to eat products, that is very significant!!! Sounds to me that the company has been exporting primarily uncooked or partially cooked seafood and meat products, with ready to eat products the cost of manufacturing goes up significantly but the selling price also increases exponentially as well per ounce, if successful this type of processing requires much more labor and capital all good for jamaica.

2. With investment in new smokehouse, which is the first step in the creation of the new value added product lines, that is a real commitment to build new infrastructure, bring in new capital and commit to something new and unusual, that is very significant, nan putting his money where his mouth is, both me and probably you have Nuff ideas but can't find the courage to put money, idea and mind into action.

3. He gives us evidence that he is not playing, they launched 15 new products last year, "fifteen" how much companies in jamaica or anywhere can say they launched 15 new products in one year!!!!

4. He is also doing seafood seasonings, another wicked value add product that we in jamaica are loafing with, when I see mrs dash seasoning on us shelves for three dollars for a little bit of seasoning worth about seventy five cents I think man we ah loaf this thing out, now this company is launching seafood seasoning right in line with a natural type of value added product for a seafood company.

5. They are exporting live jamaican lobster to Asian markets, my only issue is the supply chain on this I hope that means they have an offshore lobster farm somewhere otherwise this one is going nowhere.

6. He is vertically and horizontally expanding and integrating his company at the same time, not sure if this is just hopscotching or this is a company bursting its seams, seems to be the last as they took three years to build out the expansion and they are also working to reduce the biggest cost item which is energy with solar energy investments.

7. He is using mobile trucks as a marketing tool and putting them in places that is going to attract free marketing and attention.

8. Product line is massive, too big, but he knows his biz, 400 products in various forms of finishing and readiness. The man is going to produce jamaican export bammy, fantastic idea if he can produce a good quality product in quantity, we have a market of at least one million Jamaicans in North America that would try that. Not sure bout the sweet part but this man has earned the stripes the right way put him money where him mouth is.

9. He says eating jamaican is hip in eastern Caribbean, you know what it is hip in many other places as well, how do we take advantage.

10. Last and quite significant is they will have a booth in the international boston seafood show, yeah!!!! They will attract a lot of attention,scary part is can they handle the potential attention they may get??????

Willi, how you mean this is weak, I think maybe the way it was written it did not really enhance what was being said, but reading through the detail he said a lot of significant things.

Jamaica can really create a slew of new lines of products by sourcing abroad and reexport into value added products stamped made in jamaica all over the world, earning dollars on cents, this is the model that will make jamaica really great, Jardim for business man of the year!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X