Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Stocks decline on earnings ,......"

DOW fell over 300 points....

Ever wonder where all the money goes after these losses?

The experts come up with explanations to justify or explain the loss. It's Microsoft, Caterpillar...drop in oil prices.......blah blah....

The irony is that others gain from the market in times like these.

This how the 1%ers skim profit.

The market is about long term gamble/investment, if one wants to gain any benefit.
    Last edited by HL; January 27, 2015, 06:12 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

And last night Apple reported record earnings and its stock is through the roof today.

Unless you have inside information, trading stocks on a day to day basis is no different from buying a horse to win at the track. You might get lucky, you might not. What is more important is where you think the overall market and world economy will be 5+ years from now.

Personally I almost never buy individual stocks these days, I buy low cost index funds because although I can't say who will be the individual winners and the losers, I believe that collectively over the long term a lot of money is going to be made and earnings will keep going up.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Do you think Apple will EVER have another product that made , what was it? $4 Billion in profit !!!

Folks have long compared the market to horse-racing.....

Ror the past few years, I have become accustomed to investing in areas that I have a lot more control.

HL

Comment

74.5 million iPhones sold in the quarter. Total company profits for the quarter was $18 Billion. Those figures are just insane.

Apparently the Chinese have developed a liking to iPhones.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I apologize to Apple Corp. for insulting their quarterly profit.

$18 BILLION

( ...was zipping through the news yesterday...was gobsmacket when I saw the profit margin... not $4B ...$18B............unbelievable!!!).

HL

Comment

Working...
          X