Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leroy Smart booed at Rebel Salute?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09deAUwYh2o
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

He was one of the worse "singers" Jamaica has ever produced. Ballistic Affairs was maybe his best song
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

badness don't pay ... got good rotation too.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

That is one of the few songs he did that I really liked.

His attempts at videos back in the day used to be comical though.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
          He was one of the worse "singers" Jamaica has ever produced. Ballistic Affairs was maybe his best song
          Wasn't this a respected tune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G_Axodd2Mw
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            He did a bad rendition on Rebel Salute ... but this was a big tune ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTW_WUsibAc

Comment

I forgot some of these. Yes both the ones you posted and the one gamma mentioned were decent tunes. Without Love was quite good in fact.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yes, i was tryinmg to remember "without love" ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

oh dear. it was painful to watch.

Comment

He did a few good songs. If he did his hit catalog he should be fine.

I remember he lived at one of my aunt's house in Havendale for a while. I would hear him rehearsing a few of his songs that he was going to record.

He has a lot of hits from "mother liza""I am the don" "Pride and Ambition" "Talk about friends". WOW!!! it seems like the band gave him a number base on what he is saying.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

what is the band saying though? why is he the only one to have an issue with the band and coincidentally, he did not rehearse with the band?

Comment

It must take a special type of patience to be a backing band player for someone like him. I woulda did stop play halfway through the set.

He did not rehearse and it is a band that never back him before, him expect them to know all him antics and preferences? Him nuh realise how long ago dem song deh was on the radio, long before these youths were born?

Comment

It could be his fault. Could also be the promoter who didn't provide any rehearsal time with the band.

I can remember seeing Jeffery Osbourne in NY and the band was terrible, that I had to wonder if they rehearsed with him.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

he either cancelled or did not show up...something like that the band is saying.

Comment

ok thanks, if that is true then what did he expect?

Comment

Working...
                              X