RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Miss Jamaica Universe break the ducks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Miss Jamaica Universe break the ducks?

We will know in the next 15 minutes.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I tuned in and was reminded why I don't usually watch these the contests.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      I tuned in and was reminded why I don't usually watch these the contests.
      And why is that?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The Eurocentricity of it all, every nation trying hard to fit into those standards of beauty. The dumb questions asked, the dumber answers offered, among other things.

I am happy my daughter did not watch it.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I agree. In fact, I think there is some recent Latinaphilia in these contests.

As for the questions - the degree of difficulty varies. There are questions that require one sentence, and others that could be end of term papers!

I must big up Miss Jamaica for going against the grain with the hairstyle. Not sure the judges were ready for that.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes I like a lot about Kaci. She has that "it" factor, a kind of beauty that you don't see often.

Comment

Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe as Twitter weeps for Miss Jamaica

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8QDNDXCQAEFybj.jpg:large

But Vega’s victory may have proved Pyrrhic after the conclusion of the Miss Universe pageant Sunday, when boos erupted as Kaci Fennell — the 22-year-old model otherwise known as Miss Jamaica — was declared fourth-runner up. The consensus on social media: Fennell was robbed of the title.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...-miss-jamaica/
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Instead of the usual cheering, the audience erupted into boos of disapproval as favourite-to-win Miss Jamaica Kaci Fennell only made it to fifth place.

Robbed? Miss Jamaica's striking good looks and unmistakable poise have left Miss Universe pageant viewers saying the 22-year-old was robbed after being named fourth runner-up

Shortly after Miss Fennell, 22, left the stage in the 63rd annual contest, her name began trending on Twitter along with the hashtag #MissJamaicaShouldHaveWon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3PwA0YdQC
                Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

What I do not understand is how can someone deemed favourite miss by a country mile?
                  There is evidence that the selfie in question was impromptu (well as far as the contestants other than Miss Israel are concerned,one barely managed to make it within frame,and the look of surprise on the face of another).Taking the photo is not the problem,posting it immediately on a social network site is,and it goes against the spirit being promoted by the contest and raises serious questions of Miss Israel knowledge of current affairs.It has the fingerprints of the infamous Israel intellegence unit.

Comment

Rabbry! Str8.

Comment

"Mr Fennell continued: ‘In my mind she was absolutely beautiful in her short hair."

If only Kaci could start a natural hair movement in Jamaica, a short hair movement in Jamaica...sigh!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3PyKvvXEr
                      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I read someone else saying exactly that on FB.

If she could do something like that she would have contributed more as a national beauty queen than all the others combined.

Comment

Funny to see how the whole Jamaica vex about her possibly losing the Miss Universe title because of her short hair. We ourselves have our own hangups about that, not to mention natural hair and skin colour.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

say it "straight" nuh? di weave culture!!

mi on record for the last ..almost 30 years....advocating my love fi women with short hair style.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Mosiah, the natural hair movement start already. Small in size but it's growing.

Comment

Working...
                              X