• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice minister announces ganja reform

Justice minister announces ganja reform
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 | 3:47 PM

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...s-ganja-reform
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

X,arrest is penalizing resulting from an offense being committed,ticketing is along the same vein,how is the human rights issue addressed?

Comment

Its not a criminal record,its a start, wi will tek it, 2 ounces is alot of ganja and no smoking in public areas means ,private establishments can have smoke areas.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I have t seen the bill but how will religious and medicinal purposes be determined ? Will you be required to have a prescription or to wear locks? Hopefully those are addressed in a clear way and do not leave room for abuse by the authorities.

If I have a bakery can I market and sell hash brownies?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Or ganja tea in a restaurant.

Comment

Rasta High - Members Of Movement Will Be Able To Grow Ganja If Law Is Passed

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead1.html

Comment

this is not reform...it's a joke

Comment

so now you are mandated to walk with identification? how them goin ticket me with no identification? will they detain me until they can verify my identity? this is a joke right?

Comment

Good crime and money making tool,....Instead of criminalizing, its a quality of life tax/ticket...all who caan pay...guh clean street or paint a side walk, all who nuh ave I.D same ting.

Comment

Working...
                  X