• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yee political junkies missed this:

Paris mayor: I'm suing Fox News over false report on Muslim 'no-go' zones

AdChoices

Paris mayor: I'm suing Fox News over false report on Muslim 'no-go' zones

© MARTIN BUREAU/AFP/Getty Images The Mayor of Paris, Anne Hidalgo, leaves after attending the funeral ceremony for French journalist Jacques Chancel on Jan. 6 at the Saint-Germain-des-Pres church in Paris.

The mayor of Paris plans to sue Fox News for its reporting on the city in the wake of the attack on the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.

“When we’re insulted, and when we’ve had an image, then I think we’ll have to sue, I think we’ll have to go to court, in order to have these words removed,” Mayor Anne Hidalgo told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour on Tuesday. “The image of Paris has been prejudiced, and the honor of Paris has been prejudiced.”

She was responding to remarks on Fox News that there were “no-go zones” in Paris where non-Muslims and even police were afraid to go. Fox and Friends even broadcast a map outlining seven such zones.
    Related: Iranian newspaper shut down for showing solidarity with Charlie Hebdo
    Paris is not the only European city to be maligned in this way. Bobby Jindal, the governor of Louisiana and a possible contender for the 2016 Presidential election, told a group of British MPs that similar “no-go zones” - where Sharia law trumps British law - have appeared across the UK.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL
Working...
X