• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trench Town, Charlie Smith To Be Merged

This makes practical sense to me.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Gary Spaulding, Senior Gleaner Writer

Two Corporate Area high schools languishing for years in the throes of gang feuds and low student turnout are to be merged.

Trench Town and Charlie Smith Comprehensive High schools, both located in the traditional battle zone of South St Andrew popularly known as 'Jungle', will become one in September, when the 2015-2016 academic year gets under way.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead3.html
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    This makes practical sense to me.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Gary Spaulding, Senior Gleaner Writer

Two Corporate Area high schools languishing for years in the throes of gang feuds and low student turnout are to be merged.

Trench Town and Charlie Smith Comprehensive High schools, both located in the traditional battle zone of South St Andrew popularly known as 'Jungle', will become one in September, when the 2015-2016 academic year gets under way.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead3.html
    That is what I call a common sense move. Charlie Smith has a nice football complex. How about placing a football academy at Charlie Smith.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Just worried that it wasn't given enough thought.
      We know this mere fifty percent occupancy plaguing both schools is realized in forms other than seventh grade,will there be sufficient place for
      for seventh grade entrants ,and doesn't the volume increase if the school plays its role in reducing the dropout rates?

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
        That is what I call a common sense move. Charlie Smith has a nice football complex. How about placing a football academy at Charlie Smith.
        Really?! Where is this place, pray tell?!??

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Oops - That is why 'hearsay' is not admissible in court.
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X