KB Foundation energises youths' prospects with solar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KB Foundation energises youths' prospects with solar

As is preached in the Digital Yard STEM concept.. Makers ah di lick rightya now. Mere Yappers guh oneside please
    Let's see some businesses and ultimately market ready IP out of this in a few years
    It's hilarious that I'm told lately that I'm "waiting" for "big projects"

Rural youths being groomed as entrepreneurs
    BY KARENA BENNETT Business reporter bennettk@jamaicaobserver.com

Friday, January 16, 2015

RENEWABLE energy company Gennex has partnered with Trelawny-based Kimroy Bailey Foundation to assist less fortunate rural youths in becoming entrepreneurs.

The partnership has so far trained and certified four individuals in the manufacturing of solar-powered lanterns, during a two-day workshop at the University of Technology, Jamaica, earlier this week. Upon completion of the programme, each participant was assisted in packaging their products which will then be sold to individuals in their communities.

Thereafter, the young entrepreneurs are expected to gain enough capital to start manufacturing their own products to continue the business. Additionally, the trainees are able to buy the manufactured products from the Kimroy Bailey Foundation at a discounted price to aid in the growth of the business.
    Last edited by Don1; January 20, 2015, 09:13 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

He is doing some interesting things up at his lab in the hills of Trelawny. Did you see the robotic arm ?

http://kimroybailey.com/baileybionic-robotic-hand/

BTW I think he wants to take on the competition thing next academic year if he can get the support. Somewhat different model from what we had originally envisioned but if it can work i will support it.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      He is doing some interesting things up at his lab in the hills of Trelawny. Did you see the robotic arm ?

http://kimroybailey.com/baileybionic-robotic-hand/

BTW I think he wants to take on the competition thing next academic year if he can get the support. Somewhat different model from what we had originally envisioned but if it can work i will support it.
      Nice! No I didn't know of these recent developments as I'm out of the loop..busy on a couple different ventures. More on that anon But mi love how im ah move lika nuclear!

As to the robotics competition that can be an absolute game changer in JA STEM education as you know...So failure is not an option.

I don't think JA needs to try to reinvent the wheel or start from scratch... The FIRST model is an available plug & play solution that we already have great connections with. The people there are VERY supportive. Expanding to JA would be great for them as well as us.... FIRST has told me they're ready & waiting to assist Yuh done know dat a foreign model will get IMMEDIATE traction from youths & corporate types. Das juss how wi stay

I'll reach out to him on that
      Last edited by Don1; January 20, 2015, 09:49 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I will send you an email on it.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

ok...tks

Comment

Working...
          X