X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call in the US Army

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Dear Editor,
    I find the escalating crime worrying, and so have others with whom I have come in contact. I have seen and read in one of your articles that Jamaica ranks #81 in crime. This is very troubling. Do the perpetrators know that this will affect the tourist trade?

At my workplace recently one of my co-workers said that he was going to Jamaica on vacation, but he was afraid of getting robbed. I had to set him straight. This is the kind of thing I hear all the time.
    With regard to DCP Mark Shields, what is he doing to help?
    Look at the crime rate in Montego Bay, one of the tourist hotspots.
    Get assistance from the US Army, if need be.
    We have to try to stop the crime. Many of us would like to return home one day but because of the escalating crime rate we prefer to take our chances abroad. I love my country and wish it the best. The prime minister should not be afraid to speak out. God is on her side. No weapons formed against her shall prosper. If God be for her who can be against her?
    Beverley Armstrong
    angelaarmstrong@earthlink.net
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

... and bringing in the US army going to boost tourist trade? Amazing.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

If you call in the US Army, George W. Bush will be leading the parade.

The only interest George W. Bush has in Jamaica is:

1) Rum
      2) Oil (possibly)
      3) A base to launch a war against Hugo Chavez (Venezuela)

Comment

Working...
      X