JetBlue aborts takeoff as Caribbean Airlines cross runway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JetBlue aborts takeoff as Caribbean Airlines cross runway

Listen as a JFK controllers orders JetBlue to abort takeoff as Caribbean Airlines cross the runway

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...288967921.html

The JetBlue pilots probably wet their pants
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

A wah really a gwaan?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      A wah really a gwaan?!?!
      I have never heard about any such incident with Air Jamaica. I hear that it was Trini crew on Guyanese flight, that was also the case with the flight that ran off the runway in Guyana. Bad luck combination?
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

What frequency was the pilot on when he landed? I wont assume it's the same frequency for taxing.

Comment

More to this than meets the eye..someone not telling the full story. Check this out...
          http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/-...?m=y&smobile=y
          Peter R

Comment

Audio but not The audio,and why there were two completely different reactions from the pilots of the two airliners(one recognized a problem and aborted..,whilst the other parked his plane and headed to his hotel)?

Comment

Pilots are required to report incidents of near misses,that proticol was not followed by the T&T pilot.

Comment

According to what I just posted they didn't even know... the tower didn't tell them. As an aside on that audio, the TT pilot sounds female... I know they have a couple.
                Peter R

Comment

Stand corrected on the likelihood of being wrong on gender....
                  They did not know about the aftermath,the presence of the other plane is something entirel different,that they should know.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                    Pilots are required to report incidents of near misses,that proticol was not followed by the T&T pilot.
                    The CA pilot probably did not know about the incident. I am not a pilot but there is my understanding. The two planes were on two different runways and two different frequencies because JFK does not require that an aircraft crossing an active runway switch to the frequency of the active runway. The CA pilot was probably never told about the incident and never saw the JetBlue aircraft. The JetBlue pilot saw the CA plane crossing the runway and also was told to abort take off and was aware of what happened.

One source said that the Caribbean Airlines pilot responded to permission that that given to another airline with a similar call sign but the their response to the tower was blocked by another transmission. I doubt that is true because either another aircraft (on the same frequency) was given permission to cross that runway or the CA pilot heard both the wrong call sign and the wrong runway. At this stage I would rather believe that it was a controller error.

Comment

I can't get by the controller asking the CA pilot if permission was issued,he has no evidence it was .
                      I will wait for the findings of the investigation,but that news reporting wasn't helpful.

Comment

I think the tower screwed up. They trying to pass off the blame.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                        X