Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selecta run gone from allegations. Mi yeye full a water

Selector chased from home

A popular selector, whom it is rumoured played the music on a gay tape that is circulating islandwide, has fled his community in what is thought to be an effort to distance himself from the allegations.
    The selector, who hails from an eastern Kingston community, reportedly fled after residents said they discovered that he was on the tape. Now the once-popular selector's name is a like a curse word, not to be uttered in the community. "Wipe off yuh mouth," one resident said when theSTAR team asked about the selector recently.
    Other residents reacted similarly, stating that his name should not be called in the area. "Dem man deh name nuh call roun' ere. Mek mi tell yuh straight him a byman," one resident told THE STAR.
    The voice of the selector in question is said to be featured on the tape being circulated. The tape is of a party where several cross-dressing men are dancing to popular tunes being played. At intervals a selector is heard saying "turn me on" and "walk out my girl", among other things.
    Voice ID

The residents say that after some residents saw the tape and believed that it was his voice, the selector left the area. They added that someone even used technology to zoom in on aspects of the tape to prove that it was the selector. "A him deh pan di tape. Man all computer it and see tings weh prove seh a him. Him voice and di tings him say, tings weh only him woulda say," he said.
    Residents say that the selector gave no explanation for the allegations as he just left before they could confront him. "Him nuh seh nutten, him just left one day. Wi just nuh see him again."
    In addition, residents say they do not want him to come back, noting that his presence on the tape proves that he is really gay.
    The selector's sudden disappearance has set off several rumours, including one that he was told by his baby mother not to come back to the community two weeks ago. However, residents in the community said they knew of no baby mother.
    Another vicious rumour which THE STAR has been unable to prove is that he is dead. Another selector, who provided a contact number for the accused man, said it is now being circulated that he was killed. The selector, however, could not say if the so-called murder occurred because the man was suspected to be gay. In the meantime, efforts to find the selector were unsuccessful, as several persons said they were unaware of his whereabouts, and calls to his cellphone number resulted in busy tones.
    Last edited by Siya; June 7, 2007, 01:25 PM. Reason: make more readable
    SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

It would really be focked up if he is killed. Just because the youth DJ at a gay party doesn't mean he is gay. Yet unuh vex when mi say most Jamaicans nuh have nuh sense?

"March out my girl!" Isn't that a dancehall song? Damn ... I do hope all he is doing is laying low.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      It would really be focked up if he is killed. Just because the youth DJ at a gay party doesn't mean he is gay. Yet unuh vex when mi say most Jamaicans nuh have nuh sense?

"March out my girl!" Isn't that a dancehall song? Damn ... I do hope all he is doing is laying low.
      You a say people nuh have no sense?!!!! You nuh see say When di man say ''March out my girl'' a some man weh dress up like woman inna di party him a talk to.
      Just because the youth DJ at a gay party doesn't mean he is gay.
      Doesn't mean he is gay mi foot, and you say PNP have Jamaica backwards... one time man woulda haffi spend countless man hours a search and ask question then find him physically and drape him up WAAH and aks him if a him... but now unda PNP rule man just computer im and find him out right away... more efficient.

Comment

Sigh! I need to SLAP miself! Siya, I was expecting better from you! If you work as a DJ and Stephen pay you to work at a party how are you going to be certain it is a gay party ... if its a gay party?

You got paid the party in full flow and then you realize what kind of people in the party, what you going to duh? Break the contract?

Then again, so what if he is gay?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Siya View Post
          You a say people nuh have no sense?!!!! You nuh see say When di man say ''March out my girl'' a some man weh dress up like woman inna di party him a talk to.

Doesn't mean he is gay mi foot, and you say PNP have Jamaica backwards... one time man woulda haffi spend countless man hours a search and ask question then find him physically and drape him up WAAH and aks him if a him... but now unda PNP rule man just computer im and find him out right away... more efficient.
          PJ, Peter King... what did these PNP Tapanaris have in common ?

Comment

Ah wonda ah who
            dis DJ? through mi is a countrybumkin, mi wouldn't know who come fram east or west.

Comment

Sigh! I need to SLAP miself! Siya, I was expecting better from you! If you work as a DJ and Stephen pay you to work at a party how are you going to be certain it is a gay party ... if its a gay party?

You got paid the party in full flow and then you realize what kind of people in the party, what you going to duh? Break the contract?

Then again, so what if he is gay?
              Yeah but then if you love money so much or if you so honorable that you decide to stay then play you tune dem and keep quiet - other dan if dem ask you fi mek announcement. But di bredda reach the party already knew what was going on and still a tell man weh dress up like woman bout "walk out my girl walk out"

When you say so what if he is gay then you have a point. I am not jokingly or otherwise advocating any more murders for whatever reason to be associated with Jamaicans.

Comment

"Man all computer it". That is what is needed in Jamaica.

Comment

You are missing the point completely! It shouldn't MATTER if the DJ played at the party or IS gay.

Comment

Same thing Beenie did when he appeared on the RuPaul show.
                    He(selector) is not without blame, akin to Adams attending a JFJ meeting......
                    Will not advocate the beating or killing of the selector, he has some questions to answer, as it stands he appears to be at least a hypocrite.

Blessed

Comment

what questions him have to answer to who?

the only thing is him shoulda hide him face because you know how Jamaica stay.

What if business slow and him have fi do him thing? you know how much it is fi buy specials and new tunes every week?

********************man party a maybe big bisness as it happen inna nuff uptown and North coast neighbourhood.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Each and every time hym haul n pull up a anti dem guy deh tune....
                        Being a sell out is even worse.
                        Assasin, we have to assume is pure slackness gwaan a dem place deh.

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                          Each and every time hym haul n pull up a anti dem guy deh tune....
                          Being a sell out is even worse.
                          Assasin, we have to assume is pure slackness gwaan a dem place deh.

Blessed
                          Slackness gwaan all over Jamaica ev'ry day! How sell out come inna dis? Yuh joking ... right?

Comment

The fact is the man play a bman party, that nuh mean him a bman.

I don't think could play there but mi nah go accuse a man because him a try earn a $$$. As Berres say him want everybody fi come a him show, them can do them thing afterwards.

I heard Acorn song one that him take a little piece a Marley song is now the gay anthem. The one that say "nobody want to see us togather" . What a man to do, a bet him taking the money that comes with it
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You know Lazie, the anti-homophobia movement may be bigger(certainly more organized) than the one it was founded to counter...
                              In my Jamaica a new car allows you to have you way with most underage girls in the ghetto, even with liberalism being forced down our throats, we still know that is wrong, and part of the moral decadence that is plaguing Jamaica.Sure enough there is an anti-gay movement and its members must be true to the cause or else may find themselves in the same predicament as those underage girls.....
                              I kid you not, the best case scenario for Mr.selector is he is a sell out!

Blessed

Comment

Working...
                              X