X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women continuing their corporate takeover

Jamaica has highest percentage of women managers globally – ILO report
    Monday, January 12, 2015 | 5:30 PM

GENEVA (CMC) – A new study by the International Labour Organization (ILO) has found that Jamaica has the highest proportion of women managers, globally, ahead of countries like the United States and the United Kingdom

The study also found that while women are still under-represented in top management, the number of women in senior and middle management positions has increased over the last 20 years.

The study entitled “Women in Business and Management, Gaining Momentum”, found that the proportion of women managers in Jamaica stood at 59.3 per cent, while Yemen has the least with 2.1 per cent.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

I wonder how much of this development in JA is due to progressive hiring/promotion policies and how much is due to the underachievment of our men?
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The fact that UWI and UTECH is full of women says something.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

men bring too much ego and conflict...& di women dem doh know the road code & how to get things dome in an environment like Jamaica...

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          I wonder how much of this development in JA is due to progressive hiring/promotion policies and how much is due to the underachievment of our men?
          Men are in crisis in all areas... especially Black men. But we're just the canaries in the coal mine.

It's systemic
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

so who should we should promote, the pigs, the cows or the goats?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes, You Are Correct

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              men bring too much ego and conflict...& di women dem doh know the road code & how to get things dome in an environment like Jamaica...
              If I interpret you correctly, this is one of your best posts in a long while, Brickie! The Lord knows that under the leadership of men, we have been brought to our knees here in the Caribbean (as others have been elsewhere)!

Also, I cannot help but reflect on the dominant, invaluable roles that women tend to have in the average family/home. In fact, I have found it relatively easy, over the years, to immediately know which home has a woman in ddecision making positions just by entering through the front door!!

Comment

the best set up is to have a woman figurehead but a male as her consigliere

Comment

will she listen?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

i suspect that you have NOT interpreted correctly.

Comment

when the ship start list & board of directors get antsy she will listen...

Comment

yes...i think he kinda ignored the second part

Comment

Working...
                        X