RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you find work once the robot revolution hits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you find work once the robot revolution hits?

Nouriel Roubini is generally a pessimistic writer, always trying to predict the next bust or crisis with mixed results. That said I think his analysis is on point here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

By Nouriel Roubini
    Published: Jan 5, 2015 10:02 a.m. ET

NEW YORK (Project Syndicate) — Technology innovators and CEOs seem positively giddy nowadays about what the future will bring.

New manufacturing technologies have generated feverish excitement about what some see as a Third Industrial Revolution. In the years ahead, technological improvements in robotics and automation will boost productivity and efficiency, implying significant economic gains for companies. But, unless the proper policies to nurture job growth are put in place, it remains uncertain whether demand for labor will continue to grow as technology marches forward.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/wil...me_latest_news
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    Nouriel Roubini is generally a pessimistic writer, always trying to predict the next bust or crisis with mixed results. That said I think his analysis is on point here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

By Nouriel Roubini
    Published: Jan 5, 2015 10:02 a.m. ET

NEW YORK (Project Syndicate) — Technology innovators and CEOs seem positively giddy nowadays about what the future will bring.

New manufacturing technologies have generated feverish excitement about what some see as a Third Industrial Revolution. In the years ahead, technological improvements in robotics and automation will boost productivity and efficiency, implying significant economic gains for companies. But, unless the proper policies to nurture job growth are put in place, it remains uncertain whether demand for labor will continue to grow as technology marches forward.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/wil...me_latest_news
    Long time mi ah warn dem. The future belongs to those who own capital....but also those who can create valuable products... i.e. Makers who also own IP

Black people's corner gets darker by the nanosecond since we neither own capital nor make anything substantial

It's very curious to me that people neither see this tragic reality nor find it vitally important to do something about. It appears so many other things take precedence... like the latest actions by politicians, movies, TV shows and music chatter.

Black people form a nation of Yappers, Players, & Lemmings....marching to the beat of Babylon's Drums
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

You mean important discussions like this?

GULLY BOP MISSES DENTIST VISIT
      New appointment needed for artiste to get teeth

Diandra Grandison, Staff Reporter

http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/2015...ews/news1.html
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        You mean important discussions like this?

GULLY BOP MISSES DENTIST VISIT
        New appointment needed for artiste to get teeth

Diandra Grandison, Staff Reporter

http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/2015...ews/news1.html
        wooiieee mi Pulp teet Fiction!
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
        X