H.L I blushed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H.L I blushed

As he begins to prepare himself to return home to China, Wu, who has seemingly fallen in love with aspects of the Jamaican lifestyle, will be leaving with many good memories.

"I have been to a lot of countries ... Jamaica is among the very best ... from my heart, my stay was great, and I love the climate and the people," said Wu. "The Jamaican people are reasonable. Once they understand what you are about and what you want to do, they are great to work with."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead1.html
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Thanks for posting this X.

I am happy my Father is not alive to see the current status of the sugar industry.

May Father was a manager for West Indies Sugar Company (WISCO). During those times, the sugar produced at Frome--was transported by specialized sugar trucks to the sea port in Savanna-la-Mar.

The sugar industry was booming. It employed several hundreds of local people..

My Dad also owned an planted sugar cane. I knew the word bonus maybe when I was 4 years old.

You see, WISCO offered bonuses to management, sugar-cane farmners and workers when the quota (another word i learned from and early age) was exceeded. And the quota was surpassed every year. I know this because my Dad gave us kids extra pocket money and toys at that time.

Jamaica should be ashamed that outsiders are managing the sugar industry. Seems all we can do is the bruck-back wuk.

I think Jamaica should grow sugar ONLY for local consumption. Other countries including the USA are a lot more efficient (SCIENTIFIC) in their approach to sugar cane procuction.

Thanks again for the article King-X.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I am afraid you think Jamaicans are only good for bruk back wuk.I dont.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

......suh X-plain why chiny-man haffy run the sugar industry??

You also want to tell mi say dat everytime major roads must be constructed--they have to run to Korea or China for leadership and engineering skills?

Jamaica and Jamaicans have placed themselves between a rock and a rock.

HL

Comment

The latter is true,its not as if we dont have the required enginering skills,what we lack is leadership.I could write a paper on why we fail at that , more mental than anything else.

An example is a jamaican scientist who faces road blocks where a forgeiner would not to do business in JA.Look at how we go about denigrating our music when simple obvious solutions are at hand, same with our cultural herb.

I am reminded everytime i see a jamaican business here in the states how industrious we are , when the shackles are removed from bruk back wuk.Our shitstem doesnt promote the industry of man,it takes away from it.I am a firm believer that Jamaica has a mental psychosocial problem that cripples the mind.

Quality of life is a billion dollar industry that inspires realief from this ,i.e gentrification,basically ticketing people to do the right thing or fining them,nothing inspires social change than the government hitting you in the pocket for quality of life issues.

Anectode , a friend of mine visited NYC and he remarked , Jamaica is loosing billions in quality of life issues, ticketing cars ,tickets for broken sidewalks ,jay walking derilect buildings , auctions of repossesed real estate.

He said you get ticketd to live life, in Ja you just live life.We dont get it , another one , my water main burst it had to be fixed from the street into my yard ,if I fixed it ,its 4500 ,if I didnt the city would fix it and bill me 15 to 20 K.

I fixed it , then the city sent me an optional plan to pay $5 extra per month in case of any future incidents.

Spin off , real estate - fixing houses is real estate - value of houses and neighborhoods are maintained -even if they fall into crises - gentrification is gauranteed.People take pride in their hood- jobs are created.Its not the big things but simple things.It creates a mindset of pride ,industry and creative thinking.

Jamaica hasnt even reached that stage .

Comment

X, I think ALL of us want the same good things for self and the country of our birth. We just go about it like religion. Everyone believe in God--but think their church is the correct way to reach Him.

This forum is a case-study in how well we cannot work together. Does not take much for us to cuss-out and denigrate each other (with dem tims)

We need to begin to trust our own:

HL

Comment

Of course we all do but what I do is rise above ego for the betterment of my fellow man ,it would not take anything from me to admit I was wrong to raise my tims when proved wrong, even if not proved wrong but admit wrongs if enlightened.This i must give credit to my great father for imparting this fine attribute in me , to a fault, the thing is we have weak systems in place of governance ,weak! a part of our colonial legacy , Gamma says laws are in place of which i take issue with, laws evolve with the times ,ammended and rescinded because they become antiquated which weaken our system of governance.

How we govern ourselves needs a psycho social examination in how it cripples our mental industry and self of man.

Comment

Our leaders have failed us.
                As you know,picking the lesser of to evils is still picking evil.Limiting politi al options to two parties is worldwide.
                Pappa Levi did sey,when me weak dem sey dat me strong,when me right dem sey dat me wrong....
                Those who blame the victims fail to hold the victimizers accountable.
                1980 was the bloodiest election,over 800 people died that year,over 500 more than the previous year,not only did politics increase our murder rate,it came close to tripling it.We had police officers killing at least one police officer because of politics,if they do that to their own can you imagine what they would do to you?
                We have strength for warring deejays but refuse to draw the parallels with the divide resulting from political alliances.
                We could have kept the english currency regardless of getting our independence,we didn't based on the urging of a sly fox from abroad,and the rest is history.We were not duped by our fellow Jakans,it resulted from giving too much credence to foreigners,is it hard to understand those same technocrats desire is to have you hate the solution?
                We do not learn from history.

Comment

The biggest problem with Jamaicans is that we can't see things different, sit down and work as a team. It is always town or country, born ya or nuh born ya, Dancehall or Reggae, PNP or JLP. Does all a this matter. In some other countries diversity matter and I am not talking about black and white or race when I speak about diversity. People share opinion and find solution.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Interesting Points!

Originally posted by HL View Post
                    ......suh X-plain why chiny-man haffy run the sugar industry??

You also want to tell mi say dat everytime major roads must be constructed--they have to run to Korea or China for leadership and engineering skills?

Jamaica and Jamaicans have placed themselves between a rock and a rock.
                    HL, boss, I realize that I’m breaking into this thread, and so whatever abuses poster X hurls my way is understandable. I am prepared to accept it, partially because I have grown used to his abuses in almost every post I make!!!

But, HL, please understand and believe this: foreigners ALWAYS say the nicest things when they start working in or prepare to leave a regional country. It is called “diplomacy”, “tact”, or even “class”! So, don’t be surprised by the quoted comments in the newspaper. To give another example, the typical tourist will say similarly nice things about the people and the environment in probably every Caribbean country they visit, regardless of experience!

On a complete different topic, poster Mosiah is right that I wasn’t the first -- or even the second -- person to introduce the Canadian recording group Magic to this forum. My contribution had been to simply present further information on this group following the posting of “Rude” by Jangle. The Magic song that I introduced on this forum was another one, “Baby Let Your Hair Down”. I’m just helping to set the record straight here.

Comment

Because i dont subscribe to most of your points of view ,its abuse.We agree that our music is in trouble ,as to how we go about rectifying it ,we have differences.

Such is life.Its your opinion on the above , i respect it as that.Yuh tek yuh self too serious.

Comment

The strange thing is he implies you are a starker albeit he probably could say the same about his alter ego HL,lol!

Comment

Rockman, Leave This Alone!!

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                          The strange thing is he implies you are a starker albeit he probably could say the same about his alter ego HL,lol!
                          Rockman, I suspect that you read this forum regularly! Well, check back in the archives -- whenever you have some spare time -- and read my posts! You will find that EVEN MORE than Gamma and Mosiah, poster X is the one who ALWAYS attacks whatever I have to say!

In fact, at one point he even changed my pseudonym to “Mistorian”!

Rocky, do not get involved in things you are not fully aware of just because you and I disagree on one or two aspects of dancehall. This thing is much, much deeper than you realize, my friend!!

Comment

Had it not been for those experiences we shared looong ago,you probably would say the same thing about me,given responses are almost invariably of opposing views.Naturally,the countless posts that are approved(no response)are shadowed by the few that are challenged(all the responses).
                            I personally hate the doomsday forecast which is typically reserved exclusively for anything Jamaica.
                            My guess is it only seems that way,well it is actually more than a guess,I know X.
                            There is no excuse regarding your pseudonym but it really is not unusual,someone does it all the time by inserting weed to the name X....
                            Last edited by Rockman; December 29, 2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Its Miss - Torian , i took you to task on Ska , and yuh a carry belly fi mi....thin skinned ...lol.If I disagree with you again, i will let you know.I think H.L and Mo would challenge you on the assertion that i attack them the same or more.

Comment

Working...
                              X