RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaican Music & Music In General........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!

Well, I think it is. My non-musical ears and eyes tell me this.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You scared off di man!!! 😫😫😫😫

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yuh really tink Historian was going to respond to yuh? Check some other thread where him will try slip een a response sideways. A you him fraid a!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

moi?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

To each his own!.....Thanks, but I'll stick with my old school reggae, dancehall, r&b and hip hop.

Comment

Same way I was forced to feel.
              I once had a conversation with Willi in which I told him it was the consenses among the falculty members that my graduation class was the worst,graduation day could not come fast enough for them.Willi opened my eyes wide when be told me that is what they say about every graduation class.
              We know the best players in schoolboy football were from our era,based on conversations I had with the same poster, I was told an all time team was picked and only a few of the greats managed to make the list.
              It is possible what the 70's and 80's meant to us,subsequent periods are held in same esteem by the newer generation.
              Not our cup of tea BUT...

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                This is true and I have mentioned it before myself.

Most new art forms which appeal to young people are treated with scant respect by the establishment until they mature and produce a genius or two.
                Taken from Wiki:

Disco also was a reaction against both the domination of rock music and the stigmatization of dance music by the counterculture during this period.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Rockie music was a central part of our lives, it is not to the teenagers now, they are more into videos and games etc. The musical era we had is not around right now.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

See Great and Gifted yah!

Legends for life, legends for ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KgrZpogr5g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47K5jZ8v-5w
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yuh si a trend?

Comment

Do you mean like this? Again taken from Wiki:

Rock and roll influenced lifestyles, fashion, attitudes, and language.[84] In addition, rock and roll may have contributed to the civil rights movement because both African-American and white American teens enjoyed the music.[11]

Many early rock and roll songs dealt with issues of cars, school, dating, and clothing. The lyrics of rock and roll songs described events and conflicts that most listeners could relate to through personal experience. Topics such as sex that had generally been considered taboo began to appear in rock and roll lyrics. This new music tried to break boundaries and express emotions that people were actually feeling but had not talked about. An awakening began to take place in American youth culture .[85]
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

My Answer!

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                          And so what is the answer? I am sure you UNDERSTOOD the question ..... As such I would imagine that you are capable of answering it. Mind you even if you thought you knew the relevance that would not obligate you to answer it.
                          And I am SURE that your ridiculous question had absolutely nothing to do with my response to USAF’s sensible post!! I wish, for once, you would make such logical posts instead of your sickening unending innuendos!!!

Comment

Happy New Year Historian!
                            Maybe gamma intends to establish relevance afterwards as doing so now my hinder getting a truthful response.
                            The answer requires two to three letters(no or yes).
                            The sentence that you highlighted in bold letters in the post in question(he responded to your post and not USA's astute...,mentioned Jazz and with a contemporary view,how can relevance be in question?
                            Truth is much of what you alleged depends greatly on how this all play out,far from being facts at this stage.

Comment

He sees and knows the relevance .... He would be daft not to (on the other hand maybe I am overestimating him)... But a TRUTHFUL answer seems to make him skittish

Comment

Working...
                              X