For HL ONLY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For HL ONLY!

Personally, I have grown very, very weary of ridiculous arguments with so-called knowledgeable people who refuse to recognize and indeed acknowledge that Jamaican music has been steadily declining for several years. Oftentimes the justification given is even pathetic! The bottom line is that, despite occasional bright spots, we are near rock bottom in the evolution of our music, as is the case with other aspects of our dysfunctional society.

I have no interest in discussing this totally predictable (I just could not pinpoint a date when it would happen) drama below, and so I am simply posting it for someone who obviously shares my views on this subject, HL . I will NOT respond to comments by any other poster.

Source: The Jamaica Observer, Saturday, December 27, 2014 (11:30 am update)

Link: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...for-Sting-2014

Abrupt end for Sting 2014

Saturday, December 27, 2014 | 11:38 AM

KINGSTON, Jamaica – The 2014 staging of Magnum Sting came to an abrupt end a few hours ago after it was marred by a series of melee.

The first started when one entertainer, Major Mackerel, began his set, which was slated to be a clash with another artiste.

A fight between two entertainers followed when, according to a Magnum Sting representative, members of deejays Demarco and Masika’s entourages had a confrontation backstage.

Dozens of patrons were sent running for cover as the two parties hurled bottles at each other. A few gunshots were also fired but it is unclear if police personnel who were trying to calm the crowd fired the shots.

Continue reading: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...for-Sting-2014

In Addition, HL....

I’m not sure if you realize it, boss, but Sting is THE WORST and most unmusical concert/ musical stage show held in any of the more than 40 countries that make up the Caribbean!!! The quality of our music now closely resembles the quality of our dumb movie output!

Talk about being a fcking disgrace to a region rich in musical culture!!!

Comment

Why didn't you just send him a PM through the forum.people would look at this a posturing to gain some attention. 😁😁 not me though

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The most ridiculous thing on the site ,first time i was confronted with this nonsense ..Siccko made a post , i answered he berated me that he wasnt talking to me...said to him , you do know its a public forum...at least Historian has the decency to inform us publicly in the post ...lol.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

It allows him to say things unchallenged as HL is one to highlight only our perceived shortfalls.
          There are many artists on Sting,it is covenient for Historian to ignore that,he does that at his own peril.
          So he objects to the so-called main acts without acknowledging that the alternatives were on Sting.
          There is a strong possibility that Marley received accreditation abroad then it transcended to Jamaica,he was hampered locally by the prevailing stigma attached to Rasta by members of our society that would have us believe they have refined taste and senses.
          Ignorance is bliss.

Comment

So they promote Jazz...lol and blues festivals.Classism in music.Classic when a man can say he could not understand Holts police in helicopter, seeing how lucid the message was and is from an artist know to be a classic crooner.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

It's not promoting classism merely because one favours a musical genre over another. Not a thing wrong with that in my opinion and they should be able to discuss their musical preferences etc....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

A fine line in how you show favours and promote,i dont like todays Djx but to disparge them and their commentary at the alienation of others is xtreme.Jamaica has a promotional market for all its genres.We just dont have a clue how to promote it.

Comment

I hate Sting. I hate the the puerile clashes, I hate the fights (well, some are amusing still), I hate the gunshots, I hate us talking about having to do something about all of that and every year Sting just pushes more of the same and worse down our throats.

But I do realise that Sting is loved by many, including some foreigners. Sting was streamed live this year, as I believe it was in years past. How many Jamaican events are streamed live? Yes, it is loved by the "underclass" but what should we expect? Do we really expect them to appreciate a recital by Orrett Rhoden when most of us can't tell the difference between and trombone and a trumpet?!?! Or even know what C-note sounds like!

So, Sting is not my cup o' tea, but I think I will be respectful to the many people who do love it and just in case it really takes off as a huge foreign exchange earner, I would appear a bit prescient.

But then, no one asked my opinion.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not only was your opinion not solicited, nobody was talking to yuh!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      Not only was your opinion not solicited, nobody was talking to yuh!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        I hate Sting. I hate the the puerile clashes, I hate the fights (well, some are amusing still), I hate the gunshots, I hate us talking about having to do something about all of that and every year Sting just pushes more of the same and worse down our throats.

But I do realise that Sting is loved by many, including some foreigners. Sting was streamed live this year, as I believe it was in years past. How many Jamaican events are streamed live? Yes, it is loved by the "underclass" but what should we expect? Do we really expect them to appreciate a recital by Orrett Rhoden when most of us can't tell the difference between and trombone and a trumpet?!?! Or even know what C-note sounds like!

So, Sting is not my cup o' tea, but I think I will be respectful to the many people who do love it and just in case it really takes off as a huge foreign exchange earner, I would appear a bit prescient.

But then, no one asked my opinion.
                        I will start a new thread to respond to the Historical One.

But as to your comment.....

You are a very sensible Bwoy
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

For clarification to the posters,you are only talking to historian, no other opinion,response is needed.....lol.

The site eagerly awaits..lol

Comment

THE sticking point!
                            I must say there is something vastly superior about our moderators,and it is demonstrated(once again)in this thread.

Comment

Weed -X, please read Mosiah's eloquent post...then get back to me.

Thanks.
                              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X