• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the Sony film "The Interview" is

...socially irresponsible:
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

have you seen it?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

No.

But based on the previews and the movie theme--killing the leader of a Nation. Not [even] using a pseudo name to depict the N. Korean leader.

Comedy is funny--only when it is not directed at you.

HL

Comment

I agree! It's the first movie I have seen (as far as I can remember) where a sitting leader is assassinated or is the target of such.

Imagine if Bollywood made a movie where Barack Obama or Portia was the target of an assassination.

Not calling for censorship, but respect is due.

Sony seems desperate. The last time they had a hit on their hands it was called Walkman.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I will watch it (if) it comes to HBO.

Would not spend my hard earned $ to see it.

HL

Comment

BTW: Portia!!??........................................ ............

This Forum is like a tonic.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
              BTW: Portia!!??........................................ ............

This Forum is like a tonic.
              Just saying!

Or are you saying it wouldn't matter?!?? Dem fi just kill har in di movies and done?

Yuh fi have respect!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It's a comedy, don't see the big deal. One may find it funny, another may not. Hope it is worth all this publicity.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  It's a comedy, don't see the big deal. One may find it funny, another may not. Hope it is worth all this publicity.
                  And if some other country had done a movie where Obama was to be assassinated, you wouldn't have a problem with that?

Can you understand others having a problem with it?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

one of the naked gun movies had a similar theme assasinating heads of state. don't think it was carried through though.

sounds like a macartheyism production

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

fox news wouldn't i'm sure. they may even bankroll such a venture...

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        fox news wouldn't i'm sure. they may even bankroll such a venture...
                        And then they would be like, this is a movie?! Darn!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          And if some other country had done a movie where Obama was to be assassinated, you wouldn't have a problem with that?

Can you understand others having a problem with it?
                          ... the same way didn't have a problem with MArked for Death, I would have no problem with that plot.
                          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                            ... the same way didn't have a problem with MArked for Death, I would have no problem with that plot.
                            Don't think the plots are the same Lazie.

The plot in "The Interview" is to kill Lil' Kim of N. Korea.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                              Don't think the plots are the same Lazie.

The plot in "The Interview" is to kill Lil' Kim of N. Korea.
                              I agree, but there were Jamaicans including on this forum that was upset how Jamaicans were portrayed in the movie. We get upset too easily. If one don't like the plot of the movie .... don't watch it. Suh me see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X