• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historian, your views on....

Oscar Peterson.

Thanks.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

what was that HUGE sucking sound that i heard ... as if air was leaving the forum faster than the speed of light?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Oscar Peterson, Jr.

Originally posted by HL View Post
      Oscar Peterson.

Thanks.
      HL, quite simply, Oscar Peterson, Jr. is my FAVORITE pianist on planet Earth! I first “discovered” this Canadian giant of a musician as a youngster while watching JBC television one night. To this day I will never ever forget his interpretative playing of a simple school-type song, “Oh, Where Have You Been Billy Boy”!! From that night in the 1970s I immediately became a fan.

I am not the only person who idolizes the late Oscar Peterson, Jr. I am quite certain that if votes were taken across the world on the topic, “The Greatest Ever Jazz Pianist,” while names such as Art Tatum, Keith Jarrett and several others would always crop up, I strongly suspect that Oscar Peterson would top the final list.

By the way, based on his playing, our own Monty Alexander is obviously a disciple of Oscar Peterson, Jr. I say this because Monty’s style is very similar to Peterson’s.

Comment

Thank you very much!!!

I have been listening and reviewing some of Peterson's works and simply find myself in total awe.

"That's all I have to say about that"

Thanks Historical One
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
        X