• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Unbound

Obama Unbound
    DEC. 19, 2014
    Timothy Egan

Are Republicans really going to spend the first year of their new majority trying to undo everything the president has done — to roll back the clock? Will they defend isolation of Cuba against the wishes of most young Cuban-Americans? Will they restore a family-destroying deportation policy, when Obama’s de-emphasis on sending illegal immigrants home has already given him a 15-point boost among Latinos? Will they take away health insurance from millions who never had it before? Will they insist that nothing can be done on climate change, while an agreement is on the table for the world’s two biggest polluters, the United States and China, to do something significant?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/20/op...773522000&_r=1
    Last edited by Mosiah; December 21, 2014, 01:20 PM. Reason: Because the Commissioner of Site Police instructed me to.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Mosiah, this post is clearly in violation of the forum posting rules. I will leave it up to you a forum moderator to modify to be in compliance.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Oh! I forgot about that!

Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Perhaps the best thing to happen to him was the crushing blow his party took in the midterm elections.
        I was thinking the same thing myself. For all we know Obama had this all figured out months ago.

He is wisely choosing the issues that he takes executive action on, the ones that he knows will be political suicide to roll back once they are set in place.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Lose the battle and win the war.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            I was thinking the same thing myself. For all we know Obama had this all figured out months ago.

He is wisely choosing the issues that he takes executive action on, the ones that he knows will be political suicide to roll back once they are set in place.
            He plays chess; all others play checkers.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He has made his mark...however, his mark keeps getting larger and larger!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Listen to Karl! Yes is the same Obama yuh used to cuss stink and accused me of supporting because he was black! " what is hidden from the wise and prudent ..."

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                X