Obama Talks About His Own Experience With Racial Profiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Talks About His Own Experience With Racial Profiling

"The small irritations or indignities that we experience are nothing compared to what a previous generation experienced," Obama said. "It's one thing for me to be mistaken for a waiter at a gala. It's another thing for my son to be mistaken for a robber and to be handcuffed, or worse, if he happens to be walking down the street and is dressed the way teenagers dress."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...ushpmg00000013
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    "The small irritations or indignities that we experience are nothing compared to what a previous generation experienced," Obama said. "It's one thing for me to be mistaken for a waiter at a gala. It's another thing for my son to be mistaken for a robber and to be handcuffed, or worse, if he happens to be walking down the street and is dressed the way teenagers dress."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...ushpmg00000013
    I went to a high profile event two weeks ago as a senior executive. The first person I met asked me if I was there to work security. I did not take offense, all of the security were minorities and the number of blacks guests could be counted on one hand. I am used to it, most of the time that I go to a business meeting I am the only black person in the meeting.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

The greatest beneficiary of America's kindness should be saying thank you lord, God bless America. Instead, he dares to talk about the racism that exists in the country. So says, Lou Dobbs!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
      X