A Music and Sports Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Music and Sports Question

Which of the following two entities deserve the lower rating?

(a) Morgan Heritage in music

OR

(b) the Reggae Boyz soccer team in sports?

I look forward to the responses to this question!

Interesting!
    I bet you have a rational reason for asking for a comparison of - let me leave wiggle room - what seems to be apples and oranges?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Why Morgan Heritage. You have to realize the average top class band don't last more than 4 years. They have manage to last that long despite the fact that siblings bands mostly break up by early 20s as ego come into play. Heritage may not be the force they use to be but they must be tired of some of their siblings working with them everyday.

The reggae boyz is totally different as they can rebuild, refresh and renew every so often. They can develop and look for new talent as they wish.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I don't know what your rationale is but I would say the reggae boyz.

Karl can you just answer the question?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

b....
          Peter R

Comment

without a doubt ....(b) the Reggae Boyz soccer team in sports.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I'm looking forward to your reason for asking. I vote for the Reggae Boyz.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Thanks For Replying, Gentlemen

Actually, I share the majority view here.

Now, why did I pose this question? The answer is simple: both entities are highly overrated Jamaican products! We all know the results for the Reggae Boyz over the past decade or so, so I won’t comment on this outfit.

Morgan Heritage is another matter. I was listening to a number of their popular songs during the past weekend, and what I always realized really struck me once again. Whenever you get a chance, listen to their major recordings over the years, and be sure to temporarily block out the lyrics as you do so. Do you realize the sameness of the sound? The musicians (drummer, etc.) are so simple and predictable that it is easy to foresee what will be coming next whenever a new project is released.

By way of comparison, think of groups like Third World and artists like Jimmy Cliff, Ziggy Marley, Shaggy, etc., who all provide immense variety and surprises. Make a serious comparison with Morgan Heritage and maybe, just maybe, you, my friends, will see my reason for this post.

Comment

The great thing about Heritage is they have a few good singers. Even though their beat is pretty similar in a lot of case, they have voices that can hold you. If you notice when the group went apart for a while they all experimented with different sounds.

The music(riddim) from Heritage was never anything to write home about but the overall product is good. Well written songs and good background singing and good use of the different sounding voices.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                  X