Obama's fine role in African-American "progress"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's fine role in African-American "progress"

... Now that the cheering and confetti have subsided, we can ignore that fluff along with the accompanying colorful personal anecdotes... and deal with REALITY.

The sad reality is that Black Amerika is the FAILED STATE some like to yap about re others. More current data show a worsening of these horrific outcomes under Obama The Great (Deceiver).

Marcus must be going

The UNDP estimates that Latin Americans in America have an HDI of 0.75 (on a par with Kazakhstan). African-Americans have an HDI rating of 0.70, which is similar to China's. African-Americans in Louisiana score just 0.47 (equivalent to Nigeria).

Now while our Rome burns....back to unnu regularly scheduled yappin about Obama, Democrats Republicans and other assorted sideshows
    Last edited by Don1; December 14, 2014, 01:30 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

What exactly is Obama's role in all of this?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I predict that Obama's contribution to the black community after he leaves office will have a much greater impact than he ever had or could have had as president.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        What exactly is Obama's role in all of this?
        You mean his role in maintaining or worsening the failed state of Black Amerika????? Yuh nuh know?

Obama's role...like that of any President...is to oversee the "proper" functioning of the shitstem. This means the "preservation of the current order". This means Babylon is entirely at ease with Black America's condition and sees no real problem for their shitstem.

This means he's allowed to make soothing statements of concern about the desperate plight of "his" people.... but not to take any firm or aggressive actions to ameliorate our condition. If he even speaks of doing so this would mean political suicide...or worse... his termination with extreme prejudice

This is why Obama is ONLY useful to Black people as a symbol of what some few individuals can achieve...like seeing the "first black general" for example. That's important no doubt for people who lack self confidence

However Obama is irrelevant as it concerns our group progress...That is out of the grimy hands of politicians. That progress lies 100% at the community and individual level in the little things we do everyday i.e. How we choose to spend our time & money.

I'm puzzled that you wouldn't know this afta all mi preaching

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          I predict that Obama's contribution to the black community after he leaves office will have a much greater impact than he ever had or could have had as president.
          Perhaps... but even ex-Presidents are not allowed to upset the current order. He'll just be another do-gooder tinkering around the edge of problems while living large. We see them everyday here

Politicians have ZERO solutions for our crisis

Comment

So tell me why you elect a president id they are not able to set policies that change your living condition

When the recent drug policy review by the Obama admin which will benefit many black prisoners and when the new immigration laws that obama enacted take effect, it will not improve any lives. George Bush convinced America that they should have been given cash money back as a one time tax write off so that is the power of the president.

Why didn't Obama campaign and say he can't change it for them, and I guess his support would have been the same LOL. Next time you start say this before the election, not with a few months to go.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I'm concerned with data analysis indicating the reality of our condition... not your inarticulate anecdotes.

Now begone

Comment

I wonder how much of the financial debacle/collapse he inherited has contributed to this!?!?.......Homes lost; jobs lost; businesses failed/bankrupted.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
                  I wonder how much of the financial debacle/collapse he inherited has contributed to this!?!?.......Homes lost; jobs lost; businesses failed/bankrupted.
                  Everyone except the super-rich oligarchs was hit by the downturn.

The fact is Blacks were in a horrible national position before the downturn...and suffered more than other groups during the downturn.

Consequently Blacks are in an even WORSE socioeconomic situation today relative to other groups than before 2008. This is well known by people who study ecounomics...but apparently not so in this forum. So much for those with A grades

I'm not blaming Obama...he's just the current guy paid to oversee the shitstem. Soon he'll be history and the next puppet for the oligarchy will be installed

Comment

Obama brought to the fore the simmerng fetid stench of what we thought we knew all along. That there is institutionalised racism in play everyday and that there are a lot of functional racists at all levels ...... From Sony to thé Mizzou from Floride to ny

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

There is no doubt a lot of this was inherited. Not only was houses lost but a lot of the layoff affected blacks more than it did to white. The recession is still telling in our communities. Problem is are the leaders trying to address this? or we are now just seen as a part of wider community and not addressing our problems as they occur?
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        Obama brought to the fore the simmerng fetid stench of what we thought we knew all along. That there is institutionalised racism in play everyday and that there are a lot of functional racists at all levels ...... From Sony to thé Mizzou from Floride to ny
                        Goddam that Obama fellow! Wasn't a senatorial position good enough for this uppity sob!?

Huh, Gamma? My toothpaste is also based on institutionalised racism?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

not FLOURIDE you uncultured so and so .. floride ... its french for florida! soemetimes mi cyaan tek di backwardness!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                          X