Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White-black wealth gap widens to near record levels

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/12/news...html?hpt=hp_t2
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

looks like the election of obama was a "look at these shiny objects" distraction....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      looks like the election of obama was a "look at these shiny objects" distraction....
      Yes....dis farrrrr bigga dan Obama... it's SYSTEMIC malfunctions which create those outcomes

Obama is merely a temporary 8 year employee of the Shitstem who can tinker around the margins of any systemic malfunctions
      Last edited by Don1; December 12, 2014, 04:43 PM.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

The people who thought Obama could single-handedly fix those generational problems were bound to be disappointed nuh matter what he did.

Black people seem to think that only a Messiah or a Moses can save us, so they keep looking for one. When the occasional leader comes along and tell us that we have to save ourselves we nuh want fe hear dat. Dem a look fe divine intervention.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          The people who thought Obama could single-handedly fix those generational problems were bound to be disappointed nuh matter what he did.

Black people seem to think that only a Messiah or a Moses can save us, so they keep looking for one. When the occasional leader comes along and tell us that we have to save ourselves we nuh want fe hear dat. Dem a look fe divine intervention.
          Yes the ONLY things that will save us are the LITTLE things we do every day. For example... what, how much & where we consume, save & study.

Right now it is our priorities that fcuk us up... We consume too much foolishness produced by other people and not our own...making them rich and us mere peons. That simple everyday construct is the root of our persistent poverty

I've stopped believing in Messiahs but it would be great to have a few national leaders who pushed the above message. Guys like Sharpton are largely a waste of time with their high profile but superficial & ineffective actions recalling the 1960s civil rights movement... ignoring the SYSTEMIC changes we need with OURSELVES

It's time for a new Black Nationalist Economic philosophy.. a New Garveyism designed for this century. I think I'll architect a technological solution we can start with
          Last edited by Don1; December 13, 2014, 11:14 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

nuh gwaaan like you wasn't one a dem. LOL
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              nuh gwaaan like you wasn't one a dem. LOL
              please post sensibly...I've difficulty understanding the gibberish you foolishly choose to post on this critical issue
              Last edited by Don1; December 13, 2014, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Woeeeee!!!!!!!.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Most disappointing is that the black leaders sit back on policies and not making their voices heard because they didn't want to "embarass" Obama or at least because he is one of us. The Democrats rodes his waves and cut out once the going get tough and some real work needed to be done.

You think they will come out swinging if Clinton win? What about if a Republican win? Obama did a good job with the economy but the messiah tag and the game changer kinda steep and I don't know if he could live up to them.

Comment

Woeeeee!!!!!!!.
                    Most sensible post of yours in memory...mi belly!!

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post

Not the same thing...but there is a similarity on that waiting on the Messiah - So my dig at Historian and all those who scream at Portia is: Likewise my Jamaican 'bredren dem'.

When will we start looking to ourselves and not for a Messiah?
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Most disappointing is that the black leaders sit back on policies and not making their voices heard because they didn't want to "embarass" Obama or at least because he is one of us. The Democrats rodes his waves and cut out once the going get tough and some real work needed to be done.

You think they will come out swinging if Clinton win? What about if a Republican win? Obama did a good job with the economy but the messiah tag and the game changer kinda steep and I don't know if he could live up to them.
                        This of course is nonsense.... or perhaps in YOUR one-dimensional thinking Obama/Democrats/Republicans or whatever politicians are most disappointing to YOU re Black people's progress or rather the lack thereof. It is that lack of progress which is the focus of this thread

The problems of Black people have little to do with Democrat or Republican politicians or support of Obama. This is where many Black people are at sea

The core problems of Black people concern poor usage or prioritization of our time & money... and poor leadership at the community level where small everyday issues morph into HUGE national failure points. It is those everyday issues which need attention...and less on stupid politicians

Focusing mainly on leadership from politicians who by definition (i.e. Republican/Democrat) are mostly already compromised by Babylon is an already failed and totally foolish strategy
                        Last edited by Don1; December 13, 2014, 03:45 PM.

Comment

You don't have to respond to my nonesense, you can just ignore it. Wherre did you ever see me say I am disappointed with Obama??? I would vote for him today again. The polls tells who is disappointed with him.

Gwaan preach, you know what? I am confortable in my own skin iand achievement. Who don't realise priorty and usage of money is a part of our problem??? But you know what?? nothing will change with when some people call names and try to shove things down others throat. Experience tell me to be humbe and you get better results.

However it is a fact since Obama took office you have seen less street protests, less motivation by other leaders and political activation around polices that were once on the forefront. It is very obvious.

Comment

=Assasin;502860]You don't have to respond to my nonesense, you can just ignore it. Wherre did you ever see me say I am disappointed with Obama??? I would vote for him today again. The polls tells who is disappointed with him.
                            Irrelevant ...the thread is about the abominable position of Black people in Amerika..not Obama. He has virtually nothing to with the subject so your red herring must be disposed of.

Gwaan preach, you know what? I am confortable in my own skin iand achievement. Who don't realise priorty and usage of money is a part of our problem??? But you know what?? nothing will change with when some people call names and try to shove things down others throat. Experience tell me to be humbe and you get better results.
                            I will preach on this subject... it's the most important public policy issue for me. If yuh nuh like mi preaching stylee... too bad. A few skulls cracked by mi Tims mean nothing when advancing truth n rights inna di Rum Bar. Mi look like mi inna di Bar ah look fren? But ah whe di...

However it is a fact since Obama took office you have seen less street protests, less motivation by other leaders and political activation around polices that were once on the forefront. It is very obvious.
                            More irrelevant & ludicrous anecdotes. Obama is a nice symbol yuh cyan gwaan worship but he can do nothing to change the sorry position of Black people in Amerika. Wake up and smell di coco tea yute

Comment

Yes this certainly exists in Jamaican politics. Always has.

Politicians promote this type of thinking, that they have all the answers, because it is easier to campaign on. The result is they often get undeserved blame when things go wrong , and undeserved credit when something is going right.
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X