1972 - 2014 ... In a nutshell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Continue telling yourself that, I assume you are verse in the classroom and on the street corners. Economics is a science and the minute you think you know it all, you realize you know nothing at all so go figure. One thing is certain and that is without economic growth, productivity and efficiency in our economy we are going nowhere.
    Sass the point is that while what you say is true on the surface... it is irrelevant in reality

In Jamaica's condition 2008 til now... when the country is in demand compression mode under IMF supervision with high debt, high crime & high energy costs...rapid growth is IMPOSSIBLE.

This is because, in those circumstances, consistently attracting the huge amounts of foreign capital necessary to drive big growth is IMPOSSIBLE.

Your thesis is much worse than some economist expecting Greece or Spain to post high growth numbers... that person would be labeled an idiot. You appear to wish to be as well

The fundamentals of the economy MUST BE FIXED FIRST...this is what the IMF bitter medicine is designed to accomplish...allied with energy cost reduction and crime abatement

The fact that you either don't know this truth or somehow don't factor this into your analysis shows that you have no real insight into real world economics

Go back to school
    Last edited by Don1; December 11, 2014, 05:03 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

What economics tell you is nothing is impossible.

If we want growth we have to encourage growth by putting the right policies in place for businesses to florish.

Without IMF we had no growth and with IMF we have no growth, so when is growth going to come???

Think bigger than that. We have it within ourselves, with or without IMF if we do the right things. Other countries have achieve growth even with IMF policies, so we a bredda dwag?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

lol! mi belly!!

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I was here when people defended the high interest rate, importing of zillions of cars, cellphone etc. were seen as progress. People excuse away the lack of growth in our economy, always something why.... If it is not IMF it is something else. We shut down factories and production and talk bout we moving to service industry, when in reality we were just talking

Time we demand growth.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I was here when people defended the high interest rate, importing of zillions of cars, cellphone etc. were seen as progress. People excuse away the lack of growth in our economy, always something why.... If it is not IMF it is something else. We shut down factories and production and talk bout we moving to service industry, when in reality we were just talking

Time we demand growth.
            Demanding high growth is fine as an exercise of positive free speech....Expecting it in the short term in Jamaica's circumstances ... is idiotic

Comment

yeah, short term turn long term. so we are all idiots then. Wishing, hoping and waiting.

who is demanding high growth. A stable 3 % growth is good enough. When you can achieve that constantly talk to me.

Comment

yeah, short term turn long term. so we are all idiots then. Wishing, hoping and waiting.
                now yuh get it!!!!! kiddoes!!!!!!

who is demanding high growth. A stable 3 % growth is good enough. When you can achieve that constantly talk to me
                1. 3% growth is ok...but in Jamaica's circumstances it is not transformative

2. It is not my job to achieve so don't expect me to talk to you about it

Comment

go and research my post from as long as I have been on the forum, that is all I have been saying, a constant 3% growth so I don't know what "I got".

When last we have that for even 1 year?

Comment

go and research my post from as long as I have been on the forum, that is all I have been saying, a constant 3% growth so I don't know what "I got".

When last we have that for even 1 year?
                    I'm not that interested in rehashing your past views re this subject. The present is interesting enough

Comment

History has it record, you only choose it when it suits you.

Comment

History has it record, you only choose it when it suits you.
                        Tap talk yute

The other day you made some ridiculous claims about me...when challenged TWICE to substantiate them you claimed that you would "research it" but you were "busy".

All now mi nuh ear nuh gun ah fiya bout dat even though you haven't been too "busy" since then to make 100s of your usual illogical posts

At dis rate mi might affi regard yuh as not just one hypocrite...but wuss...One Lyad

Comment

Let me ask you this

Why would I put a plan if I know my taxes going to increase by 20% in the next year?

Why invest in Jamaican dollars if I know it is going to valve 25% less next year?

Like on this forum I see how many names some of the business people are been called. Are we anti business? think about that, do we encourage people to invest or we wait on some rich man from foreign to come invest their millions???

How can people invest when micro loans sharks are hustling 25 and 50% on their money???
                          First recognize that "we are where we are"!
                          ...then you can start thinking on how to answer your own questions.

It is a waste to yap about the whys of the reality if you are going to do nothing to improve your lot save belly-ache!!! Move forward forget the wishes... [e.g. I wish we were having 3% growth!]...the wishes you have put down above is mere wasting of your time!

You decide that investing in the dollar does not make sense?
                          Yes? YES! ...then don't! Move to something that makes sense!!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"First recognize that "we are where we are"!"

just so???? taking no notes of why getting us there then we will be where we always are.

It is not just investing in the dollar. If you put it in the bank it value less. If you buy goods, in real term it values less.

I am not wishing for 3 percent growth. Any country not striving for 3 growth at least is doing a very poor job. You can excuse it away all you want but the fact is most people will not invest with the dollar falling, with the economy contracting and tax rules constantly changing.

A few will but most won't. Then you have people like you calling them out as if business sector is different from anybody else. Most people who invest are from the working class, who save their money, not like there is there is not a reason why many are not investing.
                            Last edited by Assasin; December 11, 2014, 06:18 PM.

Comment

for a demanding fella you sure put up with crap and a lack of accountability where your party is concerned ... just saying ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

"First recognize that "we are where we are"!"

just so???? taking no notes of why getting us there then we will be where we always are.

It is not just investing in the dollar. If you put it in the bank it value less. If you buy goods, in real term it values less.

I am not wishing for 3 percent growth. Any country not striving for 3 growth at least is doing a very poor job. You can excuse it away all you want but the fact is most people will not invest with the dollar falling, with the economy contracting and tax rules constantly changing.

A few will but most won't. Then you have people like you calling them out as if business sector is different from anybody else. Most people who invest are from the working class, who save their money, not like there is there is not a reason why many are not investing.

Sass: You have to do the seemingly impossible; 'stop talking' and 'listen to yourself'!

Ask yourself: What the hell am I saying?
                                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                                X