1972 - 2014 ... In a nutshell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 - 2014 ... In a nutshell

Between Manley's youthful & disastrous exuberance, Seaga's despicable sedition & tribalism & PJ's corruption & incompetence... JA get fcuk

With Golding's political brainlessness resulting in his expulsion... creating a New Age of Accountability by civil society... JA has a chance at redemption since the most gross political corruption is now curbed

But the chance of success will only be maintained if Portia the paralyzed continues to allow Peter the competent to direct Jamaica's economic ship

So runs the course of Jamaica's history since 1972... notably both beginning and ending with a JC man in charge...Woooiiiee mi True Blue rulers
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

so Portia a hold Peter? LOL.

Tell him him have a far way to go. Dollar was 114.03 yesterday and climbing. Export dropping like fly and we a cut projection on tax and growth every day.

Tell him fi hurry up and change it around.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Doesn't it makes sense that Babylon would want you to bate the solution?
      No leader was intensely opposed as Manley,even the PNP moved from his ideologies,what did subsequent ideologies get us?

Comment

A Brief, Brief History of 40 years of Jamaican politics.

On the other side I see Tufton is now coming back in the runnings. Do I see another JLP self-detonation event in the making? Stay tuned!
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yuhseeit

BTW dat deh English bredda wid di funny name did ping yuh?

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

You clearly do not understand what's happening. As usual your thought process is one-dimensional when reality is 3-D.. as a consequence you miss most of what occurs and emerge with superficiality

The IMF is the de facto Finance Ministry. The IMF sets the policy prescriptions and regularly tests the outcomes. If the outcomes deviate from what the prescriptions mandate...dawg nyam yuh suppa

The IMF has indicated what the FX rate should be....and also that it's now in the desired range. It also has targets for GOJ spending cuts, deficit & debt reductions etc which are being met.....
            So the IMF is happy while people feeling the impact of the required demand compression policies are very unhappy

This is the "bitter medicine" the previous regime refused to take for fear of losing the election... Didn't work out for them anyway did it

Your excitement over the temporary movements in other cyclical economic indices is worthy of a rank amateur analyst
            Last edited by Don1; December 11, 2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

No havent seen anything yet.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

ok boss

Comment

Yuh kno Sass, yapping is necessary but without sensible

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  so Portia a hold Peter? LOL.

Tell him him have a far way to go. Dollar was 114.03 yesterday and climbing. Export dropping like fly and we a cut projection on tax and growth every day.

Tell him fi hurry up and change it around.
                  ...and concrete workable suggestions that shall improve our lot, the yapping is mere r@#$$$ waste.

We are good at cussing successive governments of Jamaica but all too often we have not r!@#$$$$ set of...set of suggestions that make sense!

Economies can, in one sense, be compared to an inflated ballon...make adjustments in one area or a number of areas demand solutions that address 'budges' in others. Solutions for the low productivity and current morass in which Jamaica finds itself does not require a focus on one area at a time. It demands multifaceted approaches that shall produce growth in different areas simultaneously and that do not produce negative through disastrous results in other areas.

Many incompetent persons jump and prance on and about suggested actions in one or two areas with never the intelligence to see consequences in other areas. ...we do not have to be rocket scientist to think on ultimate unintended=unsought consequences.

We do know that there have been many plans. We know the result. We are, where we are. It would be great to see comprehensive workable=sensible growth plans. Plans that in the context of our citizens great need would, in what reasonable persons could agree, satisfy Jamaica's circumstances.

Not knocking the uninformed demand for growth...rapid growth...as governments are elected to fulfill a nation's need. ...but damn-it man, where are the wonderful workable plans being put forward by the yappers?
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Let me explain something to you.

Nothing substitute Stability and Growth. Nothing!!!!!

If you don't understand that then everything else is sideshow!!!!

Everything else is Yapping. Show me the stability and growth.

IMF or no IMF. people will not invest if there is no stability and no growth.

Our dollar is weak because of our poor foreign exchange earnings and if we are not growing our export, our self reliance, and importing more then nobody is going to have confidence in it, not business, not IMF, not even the government themselves. We dictate our destiny, not the IMF.

Again you trying to prove that you have some knowledge but because someone challenge you on your wishful thinking but a so it go. Until there is stability and growth, there is nothing happening and if you deh ya long enough you will see.

No substitute for producing your way out and that we are not doing. Waiting on some pie in the sky project.
                    Last edited by Assasin; December 11, 2014, 03:57 PM.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Let me ask you this

Why would I put a plan if I know my taxes going to increase by 20% in the next year?

Why invest in Jamaican dollars if I know it is going to valve 25% less next year?

Like on this forum I see how many names some of the business people are been called. Are we anti business? think about that, do we encourage people to invest or we wait on some rich man from foreign to come invest their millions???

How can people invest when micro loans sharks are hustling 25 and 50% on their money???

Comment

Sass you can only "explain something to me" when you have superior knowledge and analytical capabilities on the subject.

On the subject of economics you are clearly deficient based on your laughable attempts at expounding on such issues over the years.

So unfortunately your so called explanations are worthless

However I will gladly accept your instructions on kick n run English football teams, TV shows, movies ...and..hmm.. Portland. You are far more able than I on those important issues

Anything else will be treated with the distaste it deserves
                        Last edited by Don1; December 11, 2014, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Let me explain to you that I have nothing but "A" in economics from high school to Masters and tutored it in college so please stop your yapping.

Thank you very much. Next.

Comment

Sass I'm happy to hear (yet again) of your academic excellence. This is a wonderful achievement and you're definitely a credit to your race.
                            As you would say in your best malaprop style...Kiddoes!!! woooiiee mi humerus!!

However your As are clearly meaningless outside school i.e. in the real world. You have demonstrated that by your inability to analyse economics with any particular insight
                            Last edited by Don1; December 11, 2014, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Continue telling yourself that, I assume you are verse in the classroom and on the street corners. Economics is a science and the minute you think you know it all, you realize you know nothing at all so go figure. One thing is certain and that is without economic growth, productivity and efficiency in our economy we are going nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X