The Garvey of Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Garvey of Africa

We are all familiar with this photo. There have been various names offered for the persons to Marcus Mosiah Garvey's right. I am going with Prince Kojo Tovalou-Houenou of Dahomey for the gentleman in the centre. (George O. Marke is the other person.) It was no mistake why such a man would link up with a man like Marcus. I invite you to read about Kojo, the Garvey of Africa, on Wikipedia or whatever else you choose.

Just thought I would share one part of his life from Wiki:
    After returning to France in 1923, Houénou became the center of a large controversy regarding race in Paris. While having a drink at the El Garòn nightclub in Montmartre,[9] Houénou was attacked by Americans who were angered by the presence of an African in the club.[10] The club owner responded to the struggle by forcibly removing Houénou and another person of African descent from the club.[11] The situation became a scandal with the French press and the French government denouncing what they considered attempts by Americans to impose racial segregation in France.[10] While denouncing the Americans, the French press elevated the status of Kojo significantly, referring to him in one incident as "a kind of colored Pascal."[12] Although prior to this point Houénou had taken a limited role in promoting reform of the French administration, the incident appeared to change his approach and he began to promote self-rule of African colonies on equal terms with France.

That is how race has consumed and continues to consume the USA.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

We are all familiar with this photo. There have been various names offered for the persons to Marcus Mosiah Garvey's right. I am going with Prince Kojo Tovalou-Houenou of Dahomey for the gentleman in the centre. (George O. Marke is the other person.) It was no mistake why such a man would link up with a man like Marcus. I invite you to read about Kojo, the Garvey of Africa, on Wikipedia or whatever else you choose.

Just thought I would share one part of his life from Wiki:
    After returning to France in 1923, Houénou became the center of a large controversy regarding race in Paris. While having a drink at the El Garòn nightclub in Montmartre,[9] Houénou was attacked by Americans who were angered by the presence of an African in the club.[10] The club owner responded to the struggle by forcibly removing Houénou and another person of African descent from the club.[11] The situation became a scandal with the French press and the French government denouncing what they considered attempts by Americans to impose racial segregation in France.[10] While denouncing the Americans, the French press elevated the status of Kojo significantly, referring to him in one incident as "a kind of colored Pascal."[12] Although prior to this point Houénou had taken a limited role in promoting reform of the French administration, the incident appeared to change his approach and he began to promote self-rule of African colonies on equal terms with France.

That is how race has consumed and continues to consume the USA.
    noice!!
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
    X