Buy Election?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Election?

I saw a video posted of the web of someone accusing a cabinet minister of vote buying as a SUV distribute what is said to be money in plain daylight on election day in the recent election.

Someone also lead me to a podcast of Paul Burke explaining vote buying and I find it very disturbing in the 21 century.

Let me see if the EOJ is just some paper tiger or will do some background work and address this. This is very disturbing in a democracy and no party or candidate should be held to such a low standard. I will look for the video later a I can't do it now.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    I saw a video posted of the web of someone accusing a cabinet minister of vote buying as a SUV distribute what is said to be money in plain daylight on election day in the recent election.

Someone also lead me to a podcast of Paul Burke explaining vote buying and I find it very disturbing in the 21 century.

Let me see if the EOJ is just some paper tiger or will do some background work and address this. This is very disturbing in a democracy and no party or candidate should be held to such a low standard. I will look for the video later a I can't do it now.
    That video was on FB from election day. It's no big deal ... PNP reps are free to do what they wish in PNP country.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Looks like there was a lot of it going on in Westmoreland. Can't say I am surprised because it has always happened on both sides.

Perhaps social media, etc makes it more easy to expose now which is a good thing.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Not good that it happens any at all. The fact is, if a cabinet minister is involved or PNP official is involved, they should be fired immediately. The next thing is there was no strong condemnation but some form of support from the General sec. This needs to be exposed wherever it happens and what is the use of passing laws for state funding when this is happening without any form of punishment?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X