New Mexico....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mexico....

Last week I spent 6 days in New Mexico. It was my first visit.

I stayed in Albuquerque and Santa Fe.

I find New Mexico incredibly interesting--because of it's history, indigenous people and it's architecture.

Here is an example of what makes this state outstanding:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...A6&FORM=IARRTH
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Interesting. I would love to visit some day.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Rock stone?!?!?

KMT!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

HL, yes, New Mexico is pretty cool especially the central plaza in Santa Fe.

The place I wanted to check out but had not enough time was Acoma, the Sky City, oldest continually inhabited town in The USA.
        http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoma_Pueblo

Comment

Not my cup 'o tea.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The architectural concept of this state appears to bear a fundamental building concept (as seen in your attachment). This building concept is even present in modern building. I find that fascinating. Their use of some common earthen colors in building is also apparent.

Yes Central Plaza in Santa Fe is cool. Old Town in Albuquerque is similar. You would love that too.

Used the gondola to go up 13,000 ft Sandia Mountain peak.

The food? Well most cuisine is based around red and green chili peppers. In short... mexican food!!

There is also a very high population of Native Americans. Very kind and interesting people:

New Mexico, a very good and interesting. I recomment it.

Oh, BTW, guys like Mosiah would not do well in these places. Not enough rum barrr and gyal .
            Last edited by HL; December 5, 2014, 06:18 PM.

HL

Comment

I am always in awe at some of the things people of the past have been able to achieve. I marvel at some of their architecture and engineering that went into some of these projects.

I am not one who loves to travel, but I have a few places on my list that I would love to visit in my lifetime. Places like the pyramids of Egypt, some of the ancient architecture of Greece and Rome, Bolivia/Peru (Pumapunku Ruins), the Underground Churches of Lalibela in Ethiopia, Chand Baori step-wells in India, the Incas constructions at Sacsayhuaman in Peru, Leshan Giant Buddha in China and the Teotihuacan Pyramids in Mexico are a few places that come to mind right now.

I don't know, but as I get older these sort of things hold a special intrigue for me. There is a lot of history in Santa Fe and that would be up there on my list of interest too.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Strangely enough I developed an interest in New Mexico as a result of watching Breaking Bad
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The landscape is as seen in that Movie--only more profound when seen through the naked eye.

Oh...BTW, The snow-capped mountains are an awesome sight from miles around.

HL

Comment

That is one wicked show, I think my fave of all time!!!

I had not watched an actual tv series, show or anything beyond one sitting, breaking bad had me and members of the family hooked from first episode all the way through the end.

Comment

Same here. I really don't watch a lot of TV these days and didn't start watching Breaking Bad until after the series had ended. Once I started and got hooked I was watching episodes back to back, season after season. I was like a TV junkie.

Really great characters and storyline. Excellent writers.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                      X