The Tivoli Commission of Enquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tivoli Commission of Enquiry

This is not going to go well. I'm watching Tivoli residents who were not advised/coached as to what takes place in enquiries. The point of the entire thing is to seek information, which suggests that the witnesses may be required to inform the commission about what they know. In other words, they will be required to become INFORMAHS!

"Do you know Dudus as the person who used to run the community?"

"Wha...? Dudus...a God run di community. GAD!"

I guess he was simply saying "yes".

But if they are not prepared to answer the questions, under advice by the legal team, then tek weh yuhself and stop waste wi time!

I was in their corner at the start of the COE. I find myself looking outward now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

"The point of the entire thing is to seek information, which suggests that the witnesses may be required to inform the commission about what they know. "?

Is it really or just partially?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Whatever other reasons one could come up with, at the end of the day it's all going to come down to the information that was gleaned from the proceedings.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I see no reson for it,even after the police took control of the community the bloodletting continued,where are those guns?Give the soldiers immunity, it is consistent with the search for the truth.

Comment

Do you see no reason for it or do you think immunity should be granted as part of the process?
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Bwaay JLP salt BaBa. Just when dem have Outameni and getting little traction here comes TG to bite them in the Arse one more time. If only they had...... oh well.

Comment

It certainly changes things if the soldiers are given immunity,other than I am not expecting anything worthwhile...
              If the soldiers are asking for immunity then there must be something from which they want to be protected.., testimony is potentially self incriminating.
              It also corroborates the testimonies of the witnesses and identify the people said to be guilty,something that will lead to criminal prosecutions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                Bwaay JLP salt BaBa. Just when dem have Outameni and getting little traction here comes TG to bite them in the Arse one more time. If only they had...... oh well.
                The PR battle just won't go their way.... Damned Termites
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I understand where you are coming from, that does make sense.

However what is your take on this perspective, that it should not just be seen as a process that has to result in criminal prosecutions to be deemed worthwhile?

Is the West Kingston Commission of Enquiry a Waste of Time?
                  By Dionne Jackson Miller

The answer to the question as to whether the West Kingston enquiry, just started at the Jamaica Conference Centre, is a waste of time probably depends on your expectations. If you want to see someone pronounced guilty and sent to prison, then you may well find it a waste of time since the enquiry is not a criminal trial.

http://www.rjrnewsonline.com/opinion...-waste-of-time
                  Last edited by Islandman; December 3, 2014, 04:14 PM.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Nothing to disagree with there.

Public confidence in Enquires has dwindled and for good reasons, the public quest to be informed(via Enquiries)isn't its top priority,making it more effective is therefore desired.
                    I do believe had an Enquiry been held into the Eventide mass murders,JP would have had information despite the absence of a criminal trial,Enquiries therefore serve a purpose.

Comment

On another note,I find it peculiar that Jim Brown(a player at that time period) met a fiery death in a confined location and his wife herself became blind and an amputee mirroring the conditions of the victims..
                      Not to mention how the initial complicity could not spare their son from the very hidden technocrats that had a hand in the Eventide killings.
                      Nature has a way of being an equalizer.

Comment

Could be fear, he still has loyal thugs in the community?
                        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                          Could be fear, he still has loyal thugs in the community?
                          Den him need fi tek weh himself!

All di same, if wi big big politician dem can lie in enquiries...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                          X