I see them praying for a miracle now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Historian View Post
    What are the telltale signs that her tenure has resulted in even the slightest marginal improvement in Jamaica (socially, economically and politically)??

Welcome back, Historian.
    You were missed!

Re: Portia
    Is there nothing that has been accomplished in her tenure that separates her from previous Chief Ministers, Premier and Prime Ministers?

Besides oft regurgitated myth of Seaga's great economic growth period, where are the plans and projects that would have had us not sinking into the abyss being dug by ever slow attrition from the workforce being increasingly overtaken by the hordes leaving our institutions seeking a place in the job market?

...is Portia addressing that greatest of our problems? ...are jobs being created at a pace that is gaining on the 'previously' ever increasing jobless=unemployed head count? ...is there a trending towards full employment?

-----

We all know that all other problems have root in that unemployment figure. Previous leaders had smaller numbers with which to grapple and they all failed miserably. Give us the stats on that head count and size of the population - not %ages, please?
    1944?

...then let us jump to the year of the introduction of the Common Entrance, 1958 - Arguably the greatest piece of social engineering for the country since the abolition of slavery? (I come down on the side of it being "it" for advancement of the country and its people!)

...then year of Independence 1962?

...then 1967?

...1980? and each 5 year period thereafter?

...last year's - 2014?

NB: http://www.heritage.org/index/country/jamaica

http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/jamaica/overview
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

was this an attempt to answer a simple question?????

mi rhatid bwoy. LOL!!!!
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        See, excellent question posed to the idiots
        ...did you also see (sarcastic) at the end? No?
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          ...did you also see (sarcastic) at the end? No?
          Wow,that explains and changes everything,thanks(I guess).

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            was this an attempt to answer a simple question?????

mi rhatid bwoy. LOL!!!!
            Simple? Yuh really tink suh?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

No…

Portia has flopped.

The biggest accomplishment is fiscal restraint and is a Phillips thing that and even then external pressure would not allow otherwise.

Comment

Thank You, Gentlemen!

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                Nice to see you posting Historian, I was wondering if you had left the forum permanently.
                Thanks for the kind words, Islandman, HL, Rockman, Mo, and Karl.

I had not left the forum in any permanent way. In fact, although I have not been reading and posting as often as I used to do, I have not lost touch with this forum which I have grown to love and respect over the years.

Regarding absentees, I miss posters like Reggaedoc, Baddaz and others who contributed much here.

Comment

Working...
                X