True or False: Cricket - CPL injected US25 million in JA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True or False: Cricket - CPL injected US25 million in JA's

Jamaica's economy benefited to the tune of US$25 (J$2b) million from the 2014 season of the Caribbean Premier League. This according to a new independent Economic Impact study released yesterday.

economy?!

----------------------
    CPL injected J$2b into J'can economy

Overall, the Caribbean community saw an injection of US$166 million, an increase of 58 per cent on 2013.

The study, conducted by SMG-Insight/YouGov, one of the world's leading sports measurement, research and analysis companies, showed that country for the finals, St Kitts and Nevis, reaped significant benefits with a whopping US$26.3 million invested in the local economy - second only to Barbados with US$28.7 million. The tournament was won by the Barbados Tridents.

The CPL also pumped US$ 24.5 million and US$21.1 million into the Guyanese and Trinidadian economies, respectively while Antigua and Barbuda benefited to the tune of US$13.8 million, Grenada US$13.3 million, St. Lucia US$13.9 million.

http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/2014...s/sports7.html
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I saw (this is somewhat unrelated as I don't think cricket is what attracted him) where Robert DeNiro is investing (or part of an investment of) $250M US in a Barbuda development.
    Peter R

Comment

It would be interesting to hear exactly what parts of the economy benefitted.
      Peter R

Comment

the hospitality industry mostly.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well I assume the peanut man and the bag juice man or woman who sell a the stadium make a little something over his or her average day sale.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"mostly"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
            X