Every weh yuh tun macka jook yuh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every weh yuh tun macka jook yuh

Ted Cruz Wants To Fight Obama Over Immigration, But He Forgot About One Thing

But during an interview with Cruz on "Fox News Sunday," host Chris Wallace pointed out another potential downside to blocking Obama's nominations: Attorney General Eric Holder, a constant source of irritation for Republicans, would get to stay in his job longer. Holder announced in late September that he planned to retire, and earlier this month, Obama nominated Loretta Lynch, the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of New York, to take his place. Holder has stated that he will remain in his position until his successor's nomination is confirmed by Congress.

"Are you saying that the Senate should refuse to confirm Loretta Lynch, the president's new nominee for attorney general, and thereby leave Eric Holder, who you don't like very much, in that position even longer?" asked Wallace.

Cruz largely avoided Wallace's question, simply saying that Republicans "should use the constitutional checks and balances we have to rein in the executive."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...usaolp00000592
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

mi tell unnuh long time ... Obama is a smart man. is long long time since the presidency si a man like him and in all likelihood a long time before dem si one like him again!

i notice that i do not here the bz words "chicago style politics" anymore. when palin was saying it ... one look pn her face and you could tell she had no idea what the hell that was except that it was on her talking points.

can ANYONE imagine what would have happened if john mccain had won the presidency???!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OYU0raRvJA

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Been thinking about Obama and one of his biggest problem is he didn't convert his movement into political activists. He instead try to work with the old dems them. Unlike Clinton who told them if you don't work with me, I have someone coming to take your job (Clintionites).

Other than that he fight the fight with the republicans but I don't knew if he thought the dems would stand up more for him and use too much of a soft hand with some of them.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

actually when he saw how gun shy the dems were he just worked on his own agenda ... now they look like fools and the repubs are still getting boxed in...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It is a very difficult line to walk as you can see with the mainstream/Tea Party Republican civil war. The old Dems have access and money , the movement activists have energy and passion.

There is also a lot of disappointment from the movement activists who will never think things are happening fast enough or going far enough. For example Obamacare, a sizable portion of the people who disapprove think it didn't go far enough, not that it shouldn't exist!

From the start Obama was well aware that he was overpromising and selling a dream that could not be delivered but he also knew that without that dream he wouldn't have got elected, so in that situation what do you do? I would say you get elected, do the best you can and hope that by doing that history will be on your side. That is just about what he is doing. His approval ratings post presidency will eventually be a lot better than they are now.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yes History will rate him very high, I see it that way too. but just a little disappointed he left some of those people in tact, as they will not change anything but put the democratic party further behind.

As I said the Tea Party would have died, the Republican party weather that storm and benefitted from it in the last mid term while a few of the Tea Party people them tone down.

Time to get rid of Nancy and the old boys in the senate with a little more spunk and people who can spread their message.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

They did get sidelined this last election but a few of them have gone mainstream like Ted Cruz and like you say they have had to tone down.

Anybody cancuss and gwan bad when you outta street, when you have ambitions to take up the reins of power it is a different story.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
              X