Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for the real Winnie

Protect Winnifred Beach for the People of Jamaica

Winnifred Beach located in the community of Fairy Hill close to Port Antonio in Jamaica and is one of the island\'s last remaining true public beaches. Jamaicans and visitors to the island have enjoyed the white sands, pristine waters and laid back atmosphere for many years.

Beach vendors have been earning their living on the beach with items ranging from trinkets to some good and hearty Jamaican cuisine. Nothing is more wonderful than to experience Jamaicans and foreign tourists enjoying this beach together and seeing true community tourism at work.

All this is to change if the Urban Development Corporation, an agency of the Government of Jamaica, is to have its way. Their proposal envisions beach cottages as well as luxury villas which will have several negative impacts on the area.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

"Luxury villas" when the place was bequeathed for poor people to use on a short term basis and rest their weary bodies.

Why the hell doesn't UDC buy Dragon Bay and develop it into luxury villas. Dragon Bay hotel was a beautiful place in the days when it was owned by Michael Rosenberg. What the hell is happening there anyway!

The only other beach the people of East Portland will be left with is Boston Beach (great for surfers). Winnifred water is so calm. Up to the early 80's Portlanders had access to San San beach (but no more), that is now privately owned.

And if you ask me, Portland does not need anymore luxury villas, for everything is stagnant.

Trident, with all the money Lee Chin pumped into it is sitting empty, and I doubt anything of significance is going on at his Castle.

A few chains away the Jamaica Palace built by the Baroness is doing little or no business.

Leave the poor people with them beach! Do we have to resort to stealing the sand and the water from there?
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
      "Luxury villas" when the place was bequeathed for poor people to use on a short term basis and rest their weary bodies.

Why the hell doesn't UDC buy Dragon Bay and develop it into luxury villas. Dragon Bay hotel was a beautiful place in the days when it was owned by Michael Rosenberg. What the hell is happening there anyway!

The only other beach the people of East Portland will be left with is Boston Beach (great for surfers). Winnifred water is so calm. Up to the early 80's Portlanders had access to San San beach (but no more), that is now privately owned.

And if you ask me, Portland does not need anymore luxury villas, for everything is stagnant.

Trident, with all the money Lee Chin pumped into it is sitting empty, and I doubt anything of significance is going on at his Castle.

A few chains away the Jamaica Palace built by the Baroness is doing little or no business.

Leave the poor people with them beach! Do we have to resort to stealing the sand and the water from there?
      miseeit sista

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

For all those who don't know, that is Mosiah's sister.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post

Tilla
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            I laughed out loud!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

when last have you been to Winnifred Beach? the place is a toilet...it needs protection FROM the people of Jamaica

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                when last have you been to Winnifred Beach? the place is a toilet...it needs protection FROM the people of Jamaica
                That sounds like an appropriate self-indictment to me. Seems the entire Jamaica needs protection from Jamaicans...starting with the selfish rich and the corrupt politicians
                Last edited by Don1; November 24, 2014, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Portlanders need to look out for Portlanders. They always waiting for someone to come and rescue them. Either it is Errol Flynn, the Weed man dem, Baroness, Butch or Lee Chin.

I remember a few years ago some a my friends, some with a little title and name telling me how they "feel it this time". We have enough to do a lot better. Coffee, Cocoa, Banana, Pimento, Blue Mountain and the rest of the lovely parish. We need to keep our environment clean and start deal with more nature tourism and people who want to chill and spend more than just a weekend and want to move around in the communities and spend a few dollars.

That beach just need to be cleaned up and taken care of, shouldn't be private. have a few good food stalls with license people on it and have activities to pay for running of the beach. Why give it away???

We had our little private spot, not a very great beach but our seaside, next thing I know the man them come create dump near to it. The authorities have no regard for people and their communities.

No Private hands ownership at all.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You had Orange Bay beach too which was once a nice public beach but lack of care and run down. I think it had sanitary convenience at one point.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Court orders public access
                      http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...Beach_18013776
                      Peter R

Comment

righteous

Comment

Public access was never in dispute...the UDC proposal allows for public access...

Comment

Working...
                          X