No announcement yet.

Out a money, $76 million write off under the JLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess it is not a big issue or the question would be how could the finance minister at the time did not know,and why the unorthodox approach to begin win?
    The case the JLP was making before still carries weight despite the embarrassing revelations...,right?

Comment

It appears it isn't the act itself that is good or bad,it is a question of who did it that determines ....
      Sound judgement out the window,remember the PM was criticized for not knowing the specifics,the finer details are to be known by the finance minister,what happened Audley Shaw?

Comment

yep, that is what they are reporting. our government is too close to these entities.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          if the provision/commitment was made under the previous regime in its role as government then really the decision was made under before and the current government is just fulfilling that obligation.
          Precisely! But Lazie is too lazy and partisan to even consider this. It's easier to just cuss of the PNP govt.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You partisan tuh but di odda way!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              You partisan tuh but di odda way!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Shaw says, OK you got me, but it is still PNP fault:

However, Shaw was asked, shouldn't the Outameni share write-off provision be public in 2011 when the JLP was in Government?

Mr Shaw said yes.

So then, where was the failure?

Shaw said for starters, it was under the People's National Party Administration in 2005 that the DBJ invested in Outameni.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                  Shaw says, OK you got me, but it is still PNP fault:

Lol! Is Manley fault!

And wasn't it Seaga who founded the DBJ in 1962?!

Let's just blame everything on Christopher CWooiie for discovering Jamaica! Wooiiee!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The initial 76 million investment of preference shares was made by the DBJ under the pnp government in 2005. The business was not profitable, there were no prospects for dividends and the jlp govt in 2011 initiated the process of writing that loan off. This was completed in 2013.

With all that said, was it a smart move by the NHT to buy outameni which was obviously a failing business. The answer to that question in a Jamaican context is dependent on which party you are affiliated to.
                    Last edited by Shola; November 21, 2014, 10:24 AM.

Comment

The best comment made in this thread so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Shola View Post
                        The initial 76 million investment of preference shares was made by the DBJ under the pnp government in 2005. The business was not profitable, there were no prospects for dividends and the jlp govt in 2011 initiated the process of writing that loan off. This was completed in 2013.

With all that said, was it a smart move by the NHT to buy outameni which was obviously a failing business. The answer to that question in a Jamaican context is dependent on which party you are affiliated to.
                        NHT = Termite Piggy Bank... They seem to believe they "own" the agency becuz it was a Manley creation
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

we have "found some money" ... i remeber portia saying that ... i thought it weird at the time ... little did i know.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                          X