No announcement yet.

Anita is not Tessanne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more thing. In the fall there is a lot more stuff on TV to watch.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      The "real" reasons are:

The Voice was/is not very popular within the Jamaican community before and after Tessanne.

Tessanne was already established and known within the music industry and within the Jamaican market.

Anita does not have a special voice that we haven't heard before. Truthfully, she just sounds like any ordinary singer doing reggae songs. On top of that, she is not as pleasing on the eyes as Tessanne. Actually, she fits the stereotypical American image of a black dreadlocked girl from the islands singing Bob Marley reggae.

We are tired of The Voice. There has been two full season of the show within one year of Tessanne winning it.
      What do you mean by 'she is not as pleasing on the eyes as Tessanne?'
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Tess was a LOCAL.

Jamaicans insular dem way deh!

Plus Tess had first mover advantage!

Comment

Well - its on NBC -- not one of the networks I watch!! Sorry
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Tessanne made her run during the same period, Sass.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Compared to Tessanne, using any measure of beauty tests, she is not as attractive.....and I am not talking about colour here. I mean, I could "work" with her looks, but she is not the eye-candy that is Tessanne.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I understand what yuh saying.

If Etana should enter The Voice local support for her would be ridiculous. In a sense, her career has probably stalled just like Tessanne's. And, like Tessanne, she can sing, we know her and love her long time, and I believe is more eye candy than Anita.

So, it's not all about race, but knowing some Jamaicans, yes, it is!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Exactomento mi amigo con grande cabeza
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Exactomento mi amigo con grande cabeza
                    Thank you!

Amigo one mi recognize. Wah di rest a it a seh? A sinting good?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes I believe Tess being the first mover is a big part of it too. It is not easy to get people as hyped up about something that had been done before
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

ok thanks
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

wha kinda code that unnu a talk?? Mi have fi go check one a mi brains brethren fi give mi in English cause unnu too boasy. LOL

Comment

Compared to Tessanne, using any measure of beauty tests, she is not as attractive.....and I am not talking about colour here. I mean, I could "work" with her looks, but she is not the eye-candy that is Tessanne.

I am going to hold my judgment until I see Anita in some revealing outfits. She could be hiding a Serena type body underneath those clothes. my problem with Anita is that she cover up everything.
                            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Yuh doan understand me fluent Spanglish?

Comment

Time I haffi wonder bout you. Every redblooded man possess some degree of x-ray vision. Yuh nuh see seh the young girl actually a carry more backative than my girl Tessanne?

Comment

Working...
                                X