Germany develops "smart factories"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany develops "smart factories"

AMBERG, Germany--The next front in Germany's effort to keep up with the digital revolution lies in a factory in this sleepy industrial town.

At stake isn't what the Siemens AG plant produces--in this case, automated machines to be used in other industrial factories--but how its 1,000 manufacturing units communicate through the Web.

As a result, most units in this 100,000-plus square-foot factory are able to fetch and assemble components without further human input.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ger...dge-2014-10-27
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

We soon reach there.. I think we are using less human labour to cut cane now...

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      AMBERG, Germany--The next front in Germany's effort to keep up with the digital revolution lies in a factory in this sleepy industrial town.

At stake isn't what the Siemens AG plant produces--in this case, automated machines to be used in other industrial factories--but how its 1,000 manufacturing units communicate through the Web.

As a result, most units in this 100,000-plus square-foot factory are able to fetch and assemble components without further human input.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ger...dge-2014-10-27
      Ok.. a plant run by robots is a natural technological progression

I guess there's a reason some of us are getting yutes up to speed with the basics of robotics .. while Schools Challenge remains the "top" academic competition in the land. That was cutting edge back in the 1950s
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

You sure is not just less cane being cut? LOL.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Fe real. BTW me soon link you but I have been sidetracked in the last few weeks by some drama going on up at my high school. Trying to mobilize some alumni response to a serious situation. Hopefully it is resolved before it makes front pages.

Comment

Fe real. BTW me soon link you but I have been sidetracked in the last few weeks by some drama going on up at my high school. Trying to mobilize some alumni response to a serious situation. Hopefully it is resolved before it makes front pages.
            Ok... mek mi deal wid dat drama

Mi ear seh MBHS buy out 20 C-bar track stars fi $1m apiece and plan fi win Champs nex year

Ah choo??
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

LOL. C-Bar value dem track star dem higher dan dat!

Comment

suh yuh are a kc old boy?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Tell you the truth I would trade that situation for the one I am having to deal with.

Comment

baxide!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Tell you the truth I would trade that situation for the one I am having to deal with.
                      A nuh fi yuh skool dat dem hex-pel di fe-male student fi ave sex wid 2 bwoy han pat di bwoy dem pan di back?
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                        We soon reach there.. I think we are using less human labour to cut cane now...
                        ...dats funny...
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Wish you luck on that one Islandman! A developing trend of the same order at Fair Prospect in Portland.
                          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

As long as Jangle not consulting on the outcome...yuh safe.
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

It is the order of the day.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X