Germany develops "smart factories"

• Germany develops "smart factories"

AMBERG, Germany--The next front in Germany's effort to keep up with the digital revolution lies in a factory in this sleepy industrial town.

At stake isn't what the Siemens AG plant produces--in this case, automated machines to be used in other industrial factories--but how its 1,000 manufacturing units communicate through the Web.

As a result, most units in this 100,000-plus square-foot factory are able to fetch and assemble components without further human input.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ger...dge-2014-10-27

We soon reach there.. I think we are using less human labour to cut cane now...

AMBERG, Germany--The next front in Germany's effort to keep up with the digital revolution lies in a factory in this sleepy industrial town.

At stake isn't what the Siemens AG plant produces--in this case, automated machines to be used in other industrial factories--but how its 1,000 manufacturing units communicate through the Web.

As a result, most units in this 100,000-plus square-foot factory are able to fetch and assemble components without further human input.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ger...dge-2014-10-27
      Ok.. a plant run by robots is a natural technological progression

I guess there's a reason some of us are getting yutes up to speed with the basics of robotics .. while Schools Challenge remains the "top" academic competition in the land. That was cutting edge back in the 1950s

You sure is not just less cane being cut? LOL.

Fe real. BTW me soon link you but I have been sidetracked in the last few weeks by some drama going on up at my high school. Trying to mobilize some alumni response to a serious situation. Hopefully it is resolved before it makes front pages.

Ok... mek mi deal wid dat drama

Mi ear seh MBHS buy out 20 C-bar track stars fi $1m apiece and plan fi win Champs nex year

Ah choo??

LOL. C-Bar value dem track star dem higher dan dat!

suh yuh are a kc old boy?!!

Tell you the truth I would trade that situation for the one I am having to deal with.

baxide!!

Tell you the truth I would trade that situation for the one I am having to deal with.
                      A nuh fi yuh skool dat dem hex-pel di fe-male student fi ave sex wid 2 bwoy han pat di bwoy dem pan di back?

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                        We soon reach there.. I think we are using less human labour to cut cane now...
                        ...dats funny...

Wish you luck on that one Islandman! A developing trend of the same order at Fair Prospect in Portland.

As long as Jangle not consulting on the outcome...yuh safe.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

It is the order of the day.