Become a Plumber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Become a Plumber

Former New York City Mayor and billionaire Michael Bloomberg has some advice for high school seniors: forget college, become a plumber instead.

"Today if your kid wants to go to college or become a plumber, you've got to think long and hard," said Bloomberg Monday at the annual meeting of Wall Street trade group SIFMA.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/11/inve...html?iid=HP_LN
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

hear !... hear!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

He makes good points. Many college degrees are just not worth the time and money investment.

I think we will see changes in post-secondary education in the next 5-10 years. College costs are out of control and unsustainable.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

When he is not sending the NYPD to harass young black & hispanic men under stop & frisk, he is giving career advice. Those who do not have what it takes for college should consider a blue collar career, such as an electrician, plumber, carpenter or construction laborer etc.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

That is a payable profession. I recently pad $300.00 + for less than 2 hours of work to a plumber, and it did not include material.
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Plumber make a lot of money.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

You think is joke? Really good money especially when they are willing to work at short notice. Usually when someone wants a plumber it is an emergency.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The going rate is 60 to 80 dollars an hour and that doesn't include parts plus there is not much warranty on the work, so if they have to come back out again you have to pay them.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X